vibration

Reaction score
Hi all.I have both a phantom 2 with h3-2d and a phantom vision.I love them both but realy like the vision because of its ability to take snaps and video using the app.I have a blackpearl screen and Fatshark goggles for the p2.I have recently fitted a cheap chinese gimbal to the vision to get steadier video.Everthing is working fine including the camera tilt using the phone.My problem is that I am now getting a lot of high frequency vibration when hovering.Does anyone think that I should adjust the gains after adding the extra weight? All motors are ok and blades are balanced.

westray said:
Hi all.I have both a phantom 2 with h3-2d and a phantom vision.I love them both but realy like the vision because of its ability to take snaps and video using the app.I have a blackpearl screen and Fatshark goggles for the p2.I have recently fitted a cheap chinese gimbal to the vision to get steadier video.Everthing is working fine including the camera tilt using the phone.My problem is that I am now getting a lot of high frequency vibration when hovering.Does anyone think that I should adjust the gains after adding the extra weight? All motors are ok and blades are balanced.

Do you get the same vibrations, when your gimbal is not powered on? (Remove jack and place a piece of rubber tubing over it to avoid a short, to test) if not, your PID settings may be of, resulting in resonance from the gimbal (overcompensation) you can test this by powering on the gimbal on the ground and tapping it with a finger. If you can provoke the vibration, adjust your PID settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic