Vibration on gimbal footage when flying fast or into wind?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've noticed a lot of vibration in my footage with a cheap goodluckbuy gimbal when flying nearly flat out fast or sometimes at low speed into the wind.

Is this normal expected behaviour? Or are there ways to tune the PIDs and settings in the Alexmos firmware to remove those?

I've used warp stabliliser to remove them in a few clips successfully as it's not much movement you don't really notice after it's done it's thing, but i'd rather not and be able to get it right when recording...

Re: Vibration on gimbal footage when flying fast or into win

Wind is a tough one. You have to decide on a balance between reducing the vibration frequencies from the motors/props and the ones induced by wind. You may find anti-vibration balls that work with both, but the gimbal controller isn't fast enough to account for that kind of high-freq shaking (which is why you need the balls in the first place).

Best real-world solution: for best footage fly slow, and don't expect too much when it's windy.

Re: Vibration on gimbal footage when flying fast or into win

ElGuano said:
Best real-world solution: for best footage fly slow, and don't expect too much when it's windy.

I feared that was the short answer, i'll maybe buy some different rubber balls and experiment with harder / softer ones.

From what i can imagine, harder ones would be the way to go for my current issue, although those might introduce different issues :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj