Vhf interference ?

Reaction score
Hi everybody I've made a video after a while and found that the range has drastically reduced after firmwares updating...less.ath 300 mts...a possible reason might be vhf interference being the area full of yachts....has any of you experienced the same ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would be more suspicious about Radar (and has been said wifi equipment) than VHF. My first thought would be the general reported ooor performance of the standard/4K range with recent firmware updates, it probably coincidence re the boats.

Most likely firmware.
Marine radar does not operate in 2.4 or 5.8Ghz bands.

Most likely firmware.
Marine radar does not operate in 2.4 or 5.8Ghz bands.
S band radar which may be employed on some of the vessels could significantly impact wifi however I doubt it would be operated close to shore. I am in full agreement that it is likely firmware.

...it has been a terrible shock yesterday when I lost the bird at sea. I tried to take off under sail but did not properly consider the gusts and the distance with the rigging structure...the result is collision after which the bird sunk in the tyrrenean sea....very upset...now iv got a PS3 case a spare battery and the controller but no bird....embarrassing. ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31