Very short range in my Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 Pro just gives me around1,800 feet and in the beach without any interference or obstacles. It never goes beyond that before I lose signal. Before upgrading the firmware it gave me around 1,300 feet before losing signal. What could be wrong? It is brand new. I do not have any settings that prevent from going further than that. It is not in beginner mode.

Thanks for your comments.

Alex

I only did 3 flights with my P3 Advanced, the last one after latest 1.3.20 update. All my flights were close (<1000ft) and I did not loose connection but I honestly believe my video link connection is not working as smooth as before (lagging). Unfortunately I don't have much to compare so I am not able to answer your question, but I am curious to see if more people are noticing this.

Btw: http://www.phantompilots.com/index....:(-latest-firmware-1.3.2,-dji-pilot-go.50248/

Alex, make sure you antenna are not pointed at the copter but angled to point up and to the left or right. The signal goes around the tip and not streight off the end. Hope this helps some.

Reactions: Alexagui
Alex, make sure you antenna are not pointed at the copter but angled to point up and to the left or right.
Make sure the antennas are aligned as per the illustration in the manual - that is ... the long flat sides are aimed at the Phantom - not the tips.

That sounds kinda weird. I fly in the city and I've gotten as far as 2600 ft with no signal loss but I'm a new flyer so I just turned back. I'd just go with the antenna adjustments like they said, you should be fine.

Hey, I have a PT2 v.2.0 and I get 1500 meters easy (5000 feet).
And I was bummed. I wished I was getting 3000 meters (10,000) or more.
I was going to upgrade to a PT3, but now I am thinking twice.

I am using 600mw IMR TX on the craft with an IBcrazy Air Screw (cloverleaf ant.) for the TX antenna,,, and I have FatShark goggles with a 'True RC Crosshair' for the RX.
I think it is one of the best combo's out there.
IBcrazy is now called VAS (video aerial systems) so you will find it under both names online. I guess they are having second thoughts about changing the company name, % )

here is a pic of the 'AirScrew'
clover_right_angle__20342.1431928020.640.720.jpg

AND Here is a pic of the 'Crosshair',,,,,,,,,,,,
truerc-crosshair-5-8.jpg

Check your channels. They could be flooded by other 2.4ghz devices.
Look up 32 channel hack. This will give you channels that are unused. But check your country in case they are used by local government.

also if you are pointing you antennas correctly and still getting low range like that . What vershion firmware and the go app are you using????

when I first got mine the range was way farther then the stated stock range. Then after the 3rd one it dropped down to about a mile or less which is still more then you art getting and I live in a city with lots of things to block signal. Then atleast as of the update before the very latest on. I got my range back which is usually about 2 miles or more. and some times even 3ish depending on were Im flying and how hi. Tho I have not had a chance to check out the very latest one to see if they range is still good or not. and have only been doing semi close flying

Hmmm wonder how far is enough. A mile out for which you cane see LOS.
Why do you need to go further, not enough to look at and video. In the mile.... Or are you just break the limits jockey. The most I can keep sift of my craft is 2225 ft . And it a spec. Have to stop above a reference point or Iose sight, what's the object to go out 3 miles. Battery runs short then

Hey, I have a PT2 v.2.0 and I get 1500 meters easy (5000 feet).
And I was bummed. I wished I was getting 3000 meters (10,000) or more.
I was going to upgrade to a PT3, but now I am thinking twice.

I am using 600mw IMR TX on the craft with an IBcrazy Air Screw (cloverleaf ant.) for the TX antenna,,, and I have FatShark goggles with a 'True RC Crosshair' for the RX.
I think it is one of the best combo's out there.
IBcrazy is now called VAS (video aerial systems) so you will find it under both names online. I guess they are having second thoughts about changing the company name, % )

here is a pic of the 'AirScrew'
View attachment 31053
AND Here is a pic of the 'Crosshair',,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 31054
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj