Very Noisy gimbal

First thing I will do is plug into your assistant and upgrade the firmware. Where is your original bracket? Sometimes different weight distribution can throw the Gimbal off.

thestone11 said:
First thing I will do is plug into your assistant and upgrade the firmware. Where is your original bracket? Sometimes different weight distribution can throw the Gimbal off.

+1 on this. When I have the shape ways clip on I notice some more noise.

Also, it looks like yours has a little horizon tilt: was there a crash? Maybe it is just the angle of the video.

Is it just one zip tie or is there another snugged up tight in the back "right" as well?

You could redo an IMU calibration on surface that is levelled with the horizon. This will minimise bias.

Also...
The H33D gimbal is designed for the GOPro3 NON PLUS and NOT for the GoPro3 PLUS BE. They may weigh the same but the weight distribution is different. I noticed yours flops to the motor end is NOT neutrally balanced. Overtime, this may cause stress in the tilt motor and hence the noise. You need to attach some Velcro and coins to the back of the gopro camera mount.

thestone11 said:
Yes I actually did update the firmware for the gimbal and still the same problem. I have been flying using the rubber bands for a solid 8 months now with no noise issues.

Mako79 said:
You could redo an IMU calibration on surface that is levelled with the horizon. This will minimise bias.

Also...
The H33D gimbal is designed for the GOPro3 NON PLUS and NOT for the GoPro3 PLUS BE. They may weigh the same but the weight distribution is different. I noticed yours flops to the motor end is NOT neutrally balanced. Overtime, this may cause stress in the tilt motor and hence the noise. You need to attach some Velcro and coins to the back of the gopro camera mount.

I have been using the 3plus on the h3-3d for almost a year now. I literally used the setup the day before and everything functioned perfectly. Then I go power up the next day and the gimbal is freaking out making all kinds of loud grinding noises.

The motor that is right next to the camera is the one that seems to be having the issue.

haven't crashed in a long long time.

Is it possible a motor on the gimbal is going bad? Should I just contact dji directly?

I get a similar noise. I reset the gimbal and reloaded the firmware then did an advanced calibration. The camera and gimbal seem better but every now and then I hear the noise again. Worrying isn't it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20