Very Limited Video Reception

Reaction score
Need a little advice here: my P4A was recently returned to DJI for "repairs" as it literally dropped from 150 feet on its way home. DJI requested the return. They were most informative as to when it arrived and it's repair status and mail home-no charge as it was under warranty. Very nice! The returned drone, battery and props were all "new". No indication despite my request for one,as to why my bird dropped out of control . Just flew the new guy for the first time today but I'm losing video at about 800 feet. We're talking clear air, line of sight, no trees, nothing to interfere. I've adjusted the controller antennae and checked controller to see if there are adjustments to be made but see nothing there. I'm new at this, but my original P4A easily flew out a half mile without video loss. I never ventured beyond that though. Controller is set on P mode. I'm stumped. Same controller but "new" drone. Hmm!

Reactions: Kev74
Need a little advice here: my P4A was recently returned to DJI for "repairs" as it literally dropped from 150 feet on its way home. DJI requested the return. They were most informative as to when it arrived and it's repair status and mail home-no charge as it was under warranty. Very nice! The returned drone, battery and props were all "new". No indication despite my request for one,as to why my bird dropped out of control . Just flew the new guy for the first time today but I'm losing video at about 800 feet. We're talking clear air, line of sight, no trees, nothing to interfere. I've adjusted the controller antennae and checked controller to see if there are adjustments to be made but see nothing there. I'm new at this, but my original P4A easily flew out a half mile without video loss. I never ventured beyond that though. Controller is set on P mode. I'm stumped. Same controller but "new" drone. Hmm!
Im thinking dirty transmission channel,in app click on HD ,i think channel range starts at 13 and stop at 20,might find something here

Hello what does the warranty cover I own p4 and purchased in may this year but I seem to be having problems with my controller would this be covered under warranty also is the postage covered or does is that not included thanks in advnce

Hello what does the warranty cover I own p4 and purchased in may this year but I seem to be having problems with my controller would this be covered under warranty also is the postage covered or does is that not included thanks in advnce
Um not sure on postage,this was in my box ,had to check
1507499698322-836049241.jpg
says a year on remote,,what wrong with remote

I believe it depends on what part is faulty: some parts are for less than a year: gamble and camera are 6 months I think. I paid for shipping, they paid the return.

Im thinking dirty transmission channel,in app click on HD ,i think channel range starts at 13 and stop at 20,might find something here
Thanks Ianzone. I'm not sure what a dirty channel is. I did check HD and it showed channel 17, later channel 15. I gather the signal changes according to strength. Not sure though.

Thanks Ianzone. I'm not sure what a dirty channel is. I did check HD and it showed channel 17, later channel 15. I gather the signal changes according to strength. Not sure though.
Sorry dirty channel my wording mean interference ,yeh it jump through channels like that ,you must be on auto , try change to manual that way it should stay on clear channel instead of auto preselecting the channel for you, auto good but not always ok,,green stable ,blue your current channel and red interference(unstable),,,,manual i mean custom,,example i on chan 15 on 6mps,works beatiful but not the same for all drones,gota experiment

Last edited by a moderator:
Remote charges to 100% but soon as I switch it on drops to 75% instantly .this has happened since updating

Remote charges to 100% but soon as I switch it on drops to 75% instantly .this has happened since updating
Tricky one , have search on controler reset,that should let you redo update of remote, might sort the batt out , if not can only say call dji and see what they advise,

Reactions: Damo31k
Could you tel me how to have search on controller reset? thanks
R you able to watch utube clips ,? Um search utube or google phantom 4 controller reset and some clips come up,,very well explained ,,bit tricky to explain so probly easy to watch short clip

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub