Very frustrated p4p+ owner, a little help guys please.

Reaction score
Just got my p4p back from repair and was having ultrasonic sensor issues. so..... I calibrated everything, imu, compass and also got all the latest firmwares on everything. long story short, now its giving me all kinds of issues.
sensor errors, bad video quality, yo-yoing up and down, wrong altitudes, etc.... just a bunch of issues. I'm thinking maybe I should downgrade all the firmwares???? let me know guys, I'm at a loss. what firmwares are yall' using? I have a p3p that I've never had any issues at all with, this p4p is like a real high maintenance female!!

Definitely a love\hate relationship with these things!

Try a downgrade. My thoughts on calibrating are not to do them unless the aircraft tells you to. I have a few p4p’s and some plus screen versions, but I’ve not considered them high maintenance. (At least not yet)
A little info on the repair?

Thanks for the reply starz. The reason I did the calibrating was because of the sensor errors, normally I wouldn't touch anything if there isn't any issues(if it isn't broke, don't fix it). It fell several hundred feet out of the air, dji said it was a complete mid air power loss. Everything was going fine, then it just said aircraft disconnected and dropped straight down. I was able to find it, thanks to my Marco polo device. Dji repaired it under warranty, sent it back to me. I had the ultrasonic errors 5 mins. into my first flight. Dji instructed me to recalibrate and make sure all firmware was up to date. I did so, after that I had all kinds of issues as I stated in my original post. That's why I was curious to see what firmware on ac,rc and app version everyone else has the best luck with. I also have a p3p, honestly this is the first time I've ever changed any firmware myself... Due to not having any problems until now. I'm sorta new to this, I've just started flying higher end drones less than a year ago, before that it was the cheaper hobby drones and planes. I'm just learning a lot of the computer technical stuff involved with dji drones. ( that's all I've purchased so far) Thanks again.... Ty H.

Keep us posted as to how it goes. There are several different views on which firmware is the best. Just depends on what you read.

The v2 is on latest version.
P4P black is on 01.04.0602
P4P white is on 01.04.0602
And a P4P white that I haven’t touched since new that’s on 01.03.0509
The 0509 is slated to be hacked at the end of the month.

FYI: When I owned a P4P, the only time I experienced this is when I had a Gimbal Protector attached on the Landing Gear.

P4P+ v4.2.6:
Unwilling to upgrade due to negative anecdotal reports.
Will there be forced upgrade due to pending new FAA hobbyist rules...?

Reactions: Tyhaines
FYI: When I owned a P4P, the only time I experienced this is when I had a Gimbal Protector attached on the Landing Gear.
I had the same issues, as far as ultrasonic sensor errors with gimbal protector. Haven't used one since. I was told by DJI to upgrade all the firmware to the latest versions, which I've done. Now things are all screwed up.

Now I don't remember what firmware was on it before the crash. Anyway I can figure that out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20