Very dissappointed. PLEASE HELP FAST!

Reaction score
Hi,i went for a vacation with my p4p to bulgaria. And sadly all the flying there was for nothing. My gimbal didnt want to calibrate many times, i had to restart it many times, but did capture footage. And i even had to land it mid flight many times because the sd card failed, and the sd card is a very good one and have been perfect until now, and its not even 1 year old. But i did manage to record some 2.7k footage. But when im now home, and looking at my p4p footage, im very very dissappointed. I check every single setting before flight, and still my footage came out very bad. It wasnt like this before this trip. The gimbal even died a few times, it just did when turning it on now. The gimbal motors just stop. But they are fine though, i restarted it. But the footage from the vacation is simply trash. Ill put some videoes here for you guys to look at, im travelling tomorrow again and want to fix this issue there, but how? Just look at the footage and you will understand why i need help to make my footage look good.(My p3s did better)

All the videoes seem to be too big to be uploded. So ill just take som screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 435
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 404
You may be being a little over critical- from the screenshots what is depicted is typical of ungraded footage shot in full sun with auto exposure.

As to the SD card issue- age is no assurance of reliability. I have had two high end cards from a seemingly respected big name brand that have failed terminally with less than a dozen uses.

You may be being a little over critical- from the screenshots what is depicted is typical of ungraded footage shot in full sun with auto exposure.

As to the SD card issue- age is no assurance of reliability. I have had two high end cards from a seemingly respected big name brand that have failed terminally with less than a dozen uses.

I always shoot manual.

I always shoot manual.
Well, you have done as good a job as an intelligent average weighted metering system.

What exactly about the footage is making you think it is unusable, what was better with the P3s?

What app are you viewing the footage with?

Well, you have done as good a job as an intelligent average weighted metering system.

What exactly about the footage is making you think it is unusable, what was better with the P3s?

What app are you viewing the footage with?

I'm viewing it in windows 10, where it will automatically i think use a program called in English "Movie and tv"?
The footage just seem very washed out and very unsharp. (It is focused though)

I'm viewing it in windows 10, where it will automatically i think use a program called in English "Movie and tv"?
The footage just seem very washed out and very unsharp. (It is focused though)
You have something wrong then Darwish! No way it's better than the P4P! So your talking about video then? Why did you post screen shots to show us your video issue?

Upload a sample of the subject video to YouTube or another host and link to it here. Would help to know what your settings were also. The screen grabs aren't depicting any glaring issue.

Looking washed out probably isn't fatal, the highlights don't seem blown. Load it into an editor and open the scopes and set your levels, it may look sharper when you have some more contrast.

Well, the screenshots look like they could use some Photoshop help, just like most raw footage can use some color grading.

Like @With The Birds says, upload a sample to YouTube.

Hey, I have an idea. Download and install the free Da Vinci Resolve and slap a DJI LUT on the footage; problem solved.

Here is two minutes in Photoshop with a low res screen grab. A little leves, vibrance, crop...

Attachments

• Potential.jpg
    Potential.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 302

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj