Very choppy skipping video

Reaction score
3 day newbie here w a pro. Minimum video experience. My video is clear but continuously skipping. Doesn't cut out, just not a smooth recording or anything close to it. Is this a setting issue or something more serious w the camera. Can supply video from my card if necessary. PS. This is this way w the card in my Mac

3 day newbie here w a pro. Minimum video experience. My video is clear but continuously skipping. Doesn't cut out, just not a smooth recording or anything close to it. Is this a setting issue or something more serious w the camera. Can supply video from my card if necessary. PS. This is this way w the card in my Mac
Post the specs or the Mac and what App your are viewing the video with. A lot of the issues regarding skipping video in a result of trying to play 4k video on computers with drives, video cards and memory that will not handle and process the data efficiently. Cheers and welcome to the forum:)

Thanks. The sD card w the machine but I will check the specs along w my Mac that is 2-3 yrs old now. Both may be part of the issue. Short on time at the moment but will a bit late. Thanks

Okay. Fellows I updated my sd disc to a Sandisk extreme plus 32 gb and took
A test drive. I got the same skipping issue I was having before . I'm playing this on the QuickTime software on my Mac which has these specs
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442884348.165790.jpg

Your help is appreciated

Okay. Fellows I updated my sd disc to a Sandisk extreme plus 32 gb and took
A test drive. I got the same skipping issue I was having before . I'm playing this on the QuickTime software on my Mac which has these specs
View attachment 31440

Your help is appreciated
I'm not a Mac expert, but based on the processor and Memory of system and video card I'd say you're underpowered for working with 4k

So do you know someone with a different computer? Do you have a TV you can plug an adapter into and stick the stick in it?

Post it online so we can take a look at it . Post a youtube link

Your Mac is sufficient. Mac does not need the same level of ram as a PC would need to do the same thing. If you are editing large files you might want to upgrade but for viewing photos and videos you have plenty.

Are you trying to watch using APPLE TV ? Any time I try to watch on TV via Apple TV it gets very choppy. Computer is fine but look at TV and it skips big time.

An Intel 3000 can't handle 4K video playback. It's an old card that doesn't have much VRAM. I would try the new sd card on a newer Mac to confirm. Take it to an Apple Store. The newer generation Intel cards (6000, Iris, Iris Pro) can probably handle it. Those are in the current MacBook pros.

When it gets to video editing and such I'm pretty illiterate. I'm posting a video I took w my iPhone while I played it on my Mac. Clarity is not apparent on my phone but will show the skip
Tried wife's new Windows computer and it wouldn't play on media player of course. As far as tv I tried plugging the card into a reader and the reader into a USB port which I guess the tv doesn't recognize. I don't have a clue on how to get this on YouTube. Sorry I'm not more proficient at this.

When it gets to video editing and such I'm pretty illiterate. I'm posting a video I took w my iPhone while I played it on my Mac. Clarity is not apparent on my phone but will show the skip
Tried wife's new Windows computer and it wouldn't play on media player of course. As far as tv I tried plugging the card into a reader and the reader into a USB port which I guess the tv doesn't recognize. I don't have a clue on how to get this on YouTube. Sorry I'm not more proficient at this.

Make a YouTube account, click upload, then click the name of the video. Then follow the prompts until it's posted. Copy the link to the page and paste it here :)

You can also try this. Open the video again in QuickTime and go to file> export. Choose 720 or something smaller than that if it's listed. When it's done exporting see if your Mac can play the smaller video size without skipping frames. Then you'll know it's your graphics card.

Upload in you tube is saying 3 hrs. I may have to do another short video tomorrow. This is 9 min. I'll give sgs182 suggestion a try in the meantime

Progress! I reloaded in 480 and its night and day difference. I'll have to try 720. So I wonder if a new video card is a possibility Hate to buy a new Mac right now

Glad that worked. At least you're able to watch your video without the the stutter now. If you end up buying a new MacBook don't get the base MacBook Pro since it only has an Intel 4000. It's not much of a boost from what you have now.

Way under spec! The post about ram is true about Mac not needing as much as a pc. But Apple recommends 8gb RAM and 1gb of VRAM for 4k. In my area a older MacBook Pro of that era will sell on Craigslist for around 4-600. Flip it and get you a new MacBook. You'll score a retina display too;) try bestbuy for open box deals or Apple Store for refurbished. You can save a few bucks that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav