Verticle Distance On Stock Vision +

Reaction score
Firmware updated, all batteries at 100%, full GPS lock. If you were to take off and climb until your transmitter lost connection, how high should you be able to go? Oddly I'm getting about 500ft before it loses connection and auto returns home. Something just doesn't seem right, its literally just above me at 500ft with my radio and wifi range extender pointing clearly right at it.... even FPV is still alive but controller goes out first. Yes its in FCC mode, 2 beeps on startup and yes I tried with fresh controller batteries, still about 500" max above my head before it loses connection.

Everything else seems normal, it flys normal...etc. Any ideas? Have you tested how high vertically you can go before you lose connection (stock setup)?

Anon-e-mouse said:
Firmware updated, all batteries at 100%, full GPS lock. If you were to take off and climb until your transmitter lost connection, how high should you be able to go? Oddly I'm getting about 500ft before it loses connection and auto returns home. Something just doesn't seem right, its literally just above me at 500ft with my radio and wifi range extender pointing clearly right at it.... even FPV is still alive but controller goes out first. Yes its in FCC mode, 2 beeps on startup and yes I tried with fresh controller batteries, still about 500" max above my head before it loses connection.

Everything else seems normal, it flys normal...etc. Any ideas? Have you tested how high vertically you can go before you lose connection (stock setup)?

500' is decent straight up. That is off the end of antenna on the aircraft which is its weakest point.

Ive gone 1000' straight up in a rural setting. That was with the flat edge of the ant facing straight up not the tip. I understand if you go away from yourself some like say maybe 200/300' you can go higher due to triangulation. At least thats what Ive read on the forums..havent tried it yet..takes forever to come down.

You should be able to almost max it out around 1500' (not telling you to go that high but if the area is right you certainly can) if you get 2-300' away like Isteigerwalt said.

Anon-e-mouse said:
its literally just above me at 500ft ... still about 500" max above my head before it loses connection.
There's your problem. Straight up above is the point where it is most difficult for the Phantom to get a strong signal from your Tx.
Lots of variables including direction of your antenna (don't point the tip at the Phantom) but when it's all just right your Phantom will climb quite a bit more than that.

Meta4 said:
Anon-e-mouse said:
its literally just above me at 500ft ... still about 500" max above my head before it loses connection.
There's your problem. Straight up above is the point where it is most difficult for the Phantom to get a strong signal from your Tx.
Lots of variables including direction of your antenna (don't point the tip at the Phantom) but when it's all just right your Phantom will climb quite a bit more than that.

+1

Stand there.
Take off your pants.
Think of a hot girl. When you get an erection, it should point towards the horizon. That's how your antenna should be if you are going for vertical distances. This works vice versa.

And one more thing, flip the controller over. In the lower hole, use a small Phillips head and turn clockwise. Be gentle. Take note, this will probably boost the FCC signal (may be illegal in some countries - either tell no one or speak to your authorities).

edstumph said:
I thought 2 beeps was EC mode and 1 was FCC

Nope, other way around

Mako79 said:
Meta4 said:
Anon-e-mouse said:

+1

Stand there.
Take off your pants.
Think of a hot girl. When you get an erection, it should point towards the horizon. That's how your antenna should be if you are going for vertical distances. This works vice versa.

And one more thing, flip the controller over. In the lower hole, use a small Phillips head and turn clockwise. Be gentle. Take note, this will probably boost the FCC signal (may be illegal in some countries - either tell no one or speak to your authorities).

This solves two problems with one stone.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mako79 said:
Meta4 said:
Anon-e-mouse said:

+1

Stand there.
Take off your pants.

I would have to think of a mediocre girl to get that angle. If I think of a really hot girl it usually slaps me in the face. :roll:
p.s. I was born in a valley in the Rockies... maybe this has something to do with it.

4400ft straight up....stock.

No further comment.

antennerichten.jpg

ToThePoint said:
No further comment.]

Well that was very...to the point. (Drumroll)

ToThePoint, Very very nice!

flyNfrank said:
4400ft straight up....stock.

Now frank how stock is stock at that point? You had no additions to the bird or the tx? Just saying some people around here claim everything is stock but have huge antennas added to their birds or the tx,lol. And how in the heck does one get down from that height. Last question...can you see china from there? :lol:

I have yet to have any kind of modified stock or aftermarket antennas. I do have around $400 worth of fpvlr antennas that I have yet to install.

Descending from 4400ft with a vPlus in current setting for me is unknown. When I did the 44k mission we were able to descend between 9-14mph. As you know we're now stuck with 4.5mph which is ridiculous for pro pilots. I use to feel like I could drop in altitude quick enough to get out of any on coming aerial traffic. Now we're stuck with slowly floating like bird with a hit me sign on it.
The only reason DJI slowed the descent rate down was due to a few weeks after the vPlus 1st shipped the new-be pilots were constantly crashing upon landing. They were coming down so fast for them they lacked the know-how to land properly thus slamming the ground and breaking the gimbal's. It has been slow descent every since then. You would have to load firmware v1.08 to enjoy faster descent rate. I on the other hand have another plan for descending, one that is better not discussed publicly due to safety. I'm sure for anyone that has followed me the last few months probably knows what it might be.

-3dB at vertical seems generous.

I though it could actually approach -30 or more depending on certain conditions. No???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj