Vertical throttle "sputter" - transmission issue?

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post, and Christmas came yesterday when my P3 Pro was delivered (first Phantom, new overly cautious pilot). I just updated the firmware last night on the P3 & controller, charged everything up, and read through the manuals. I took it out for the first flight this morning, and one of the first things I noticed was that as i gave it vertical throttle, it almost seems to sputter, and labored slightly - not to the point where the motors were going to cut off, but definitely labored. Separately, my FPV on the iPad, even though I was only 100ft directly above where I was standing, was losing frames and dropping signal. I was between my house and neighbors house (photo attached), so not sure what that could have had to do with it (because I was direct and close line of sight). I checked the Transmission setting, and it is on Auto. Any thoughts? It's got my leary of taking it out.

Separate question based on photo - does that look like a large enough area for RTH to touchdown in? behind me (from where the pic was taken) there are 60'+ pine trees. I assume if I was above that altitude when I went over them, that RTH would come above those trees, then decent straight down?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0005_MOV.jpg
    DJI_0005_MOV.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 477
  • DJI_0004_MOV.jpg
    DJI_0004_MOV.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 600
Too narrow for me.
Possible loss of GPS as it nears the ground due to the house and trees.

RTH height can be adjusted to clear known obstacles.

Thanks, just uploaded an aerial photo of the area also (DJI_0004MOV.JPG) which gives a better perspective of the size of the area

Still pretty tight.

As far as your first questions: the laboring is difficult to evaluate with out video/sound, could be a weak battery.

Video cut-out with the quad directly overhead can often be caused by improper antenna alignments. Flying directly overhead should be avoided.

Reactions: Australis5

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31