Vertical Studio - Demostration

Reaction score
I put together a (no so) short video demonstrating the Vertical Studio app. While the video is a little long at 15 minutes, it covers; Tracking, Tracking with Orbit, Tracking a Stationary Object, Walls and Tracking with Walls.

I don't want to mention too much, as I put it in the video, tracking works very good. The biggest problem is just inherent to visual tracking... if the tracked object goes near another object tracking will probably be lost. But tracking can be _very_ useful in other ways as well. Anyway... take a look:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: EddieM and flyboy73
Nice demonstration of the features.

I like the wall feature of the app. That seems very useful. I'm a Litchi fan myself and they just implemented tracking. I hope they implement a wall feature as well.

Nice demonstration of the features.

I like the wall feature of the app. That seems very useful. I'm a Litchi fan myself and they just implemented tracking. I hope they implement a wall feature as well.

I'm betting they will. The features (such as tracking) are in the new SDK. I will be testing Litchi out next.

I think many people will think about using tracking for what it sounds like... tracking a moving object. I've watched several videos of people attempting to track vehicles. It usually failed. I had the same results. Once the vehicle drove by something... anything, such as a tree, the tracking was lost. I'm sure there will be times when tracking will come in handy. However, I see it really being useful on stationary objects. Focus on a building, a statue, anything and then you just need to fly the drone around and get great shots.

I'll give one example... last year I filmed a local temple. I got some cool shots flying over the temple and panning down. People probably don't realize how difficult this is. You need to fly forward and low over the building and pan the camera down smoothly right as you fly over. With tracking, the camera is panned automatically. Granted, as you fly over it will either fail to track (better result) or the Phantom will rotate around (not as good but it still works). Or how about filming something like a statute and descending while circling around it. That is one _tough_ shot as you also need to pan the camera up all while flying 3 different directions! Much easier with tracking.

Reactions: JTC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic