Vertical compass calibration doesn't work

Reaction score
When i startup the compass calibration on my dji phantom 2 it passes through the horizontal cycle and the lights light up green. However for some reason when i move to the vertical cycle it cannot calibrate itself, and the lights will just stay yellow forever. I've had multiple tries outside in the middle of nowhere with no hinderence from metal etc. it has behaved this way since a crash. Is my compass broken?

Sure, a crash could damage it.
Are you rotating beyond 360 degrees?

When i startup the compass calibration on my dji phantom 2 it passes through the horizontal cycle and the lights light up green. However for some reason when i move to the vertical cycle it cannot calibrate itself, and the lights will just stay yellow forever. I've had multiple tries outside in the middle of nowhere with no hinderence from metal etc. it has behaved this way since a crash. Is my compass broken?

Maybe you should take the time to calibrate the advanced IMU cal then try to do the compass cal. Also, make sure the S1 switch is in GPS.

I am having the same issue. I have done the advanced IMU calibration whilst connected to the assistant.
I get solid green on the horizontal spin, then solid red on the vertical spin.

I am having the same issue. I have done the advanced IMU calibration whilst connected to the assistant.
I get solid green on the horizontal spin, then solid red on the vertical spin.

If the quad has any type of gimbal connected try unplugging it, I had trouble calibrating the compass on a P2V with the rotorpixel gimbal plugged in, worked fine when i unplugged it.

Thanks mate, it has the Zenmuse H3 3D gimbal. I tried unplugging that and doing a compas calibration, but still no love. I still get solid red lights on the vertical spin..

Thanks mate, it has the Zenmuse H3 3D gimbal. I tried unplugging that and doing a compas calibration, but still no love. I still get solid red lights on the vertical spin..

Do another advanced IMU and when finished doing so take a screenshot and post it here. Be sure when doing the IMU cal its done a level surface.

I bite the bullet and gave it the local DJI/drone shop. I'll let you know what they find!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20