Version 4.1.7 issue with NFZ database.

Reaction score
How does one install this NFZ database update if you have no screen to see how it proceeds?

Instructions say to plug in the device to the P4, but then you have no screen since the USB port is plugged into the P4?

Now it says I'm disconnected from the DJI site and minimum altitude and distance are enabled. Swell...

1) Turn on your Phantom
2) Turn on RC w/device connected via USB
3) When you launch Go4 and get the Update database msg., simply unplug the device from the RC but leave the RC powered on.
4) Using the OTG adapter, connect the device the the Phantom.
5) You will probably get a prompt to launch Go4 again... go ahead and do so.
6) You will then see a Blue Bar that says Update. Follow the prompts.
7) Once it's done power everything down and back on again, you should be good to go.

1) Turn on your Phantom
2) Turn on RC w/device connected via USB
3) When you launch Go4 and get the Update database msg., simply unplug the device from the RC but leave the RC powered on.
4) Using the OTG adapter, connect the device the the Phantom.
5) You will probably get a prompt to launch Go4 again... go ahead and do so.
6) You will then see a Blue Bar that says Update. Follow the prompts.
7) Once it's done power everything down and back on again, you should be good to go.

That method didn't work for me. I had to use Assistant 2. Doing it as you described just kept me going back to the first "OK to update NFZ" message and it never downloaded on the second screen that opened where Assistant 2 did.

Also, I had to do a Refresh first (of the same firmware number?) via Assistant 2. Must have had a bad initial firmware install or something that kept mine from updating using your method. Least it works now - I think?? - although it also asked for a IMU calibration on the Refresh part and the settings all changed too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl