Version 1.08 of the Vision Assistant software

I managed to find a copy of 1.0.32 for my iphone on my backup disc. Once I got it back on my iphone, all problems with video delay went away. Phantom now flies great and I get continuous download of video. Many flights later with both pics and video recordings and I am smiling. This is why we have these machines. dji really needs to get its act together with the upgrades. I am not upgrading anything until I begin hearing positive reviews - and a lot of them.

After a few weeks with v3.04 and with issues of those noted above by others (i.e. lazy in locking into sats., wishy-washy in the air and just lazy general response) I just went back to v1.08 and took her out in my back yard. She quickly locked into 10 stas., I did the compass calibration and took her up for 10-15 minutes and she is now ROCK STEADY like she was when running on v.1.08.

I lost my 7th channel tilt so probably need to set that up again.

Until further notice I will stick with v1.08

Have fun all!

I am back on 1.08 now. I think i had more shaky nervous behavior with 2.0 than before. Even windfree flying was quite shaky. Will test now and hope it will be as before

My P2V stays with ver 1.08 till the day it die's or runs away. I leaned months ago with ver 2 and 3 I would never upgrade my P2V again once I went back to the 1.08 March released software.

The releases since March '14 has offered me nothing that I want or need and due to post surely have only made the flight experience less predictable than it is in 1.08. For me and my bird we are done with DJI and being a paying beta tester for their crappy software engineering group. Now if they gave me a bird and paid me to fly it for them with liability insurance I might consider staying up to date on their software, maybe! But, it's my $1300 and my bank account at risk in a liability cout of law it things go south and cause personal or property damage due to it being out of control or suddenly dropping out of the sky onto someone or something. I keep the odds of disaster lower by staying on 1.08... And prayer! ;-)

I just tried to get rid of this garbage 3.04 because it is so freakin terrible! My Phantom 2 Vision used to move a max of about 6 inches in any direction in GPS Phantom Mode with a little wind (1 - 3 mph). Now it floats back and forth, side to side and up and down between 3 to 6 feet when I let go of the sticks WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WIND AT ALL!!! I cannot get either of the links posted in this thread for 1.08 Vision Software Assistant to recognize my P2V when I connect it with the supplied USB cable or any other micro USB that I've successfully used with this P2V on my Mac to work on any Windows PC but as I said, it works just fine on my Macbook Pro but I cannot find a version of 1.08 for Mac. Even the Mac 2.0 version won't let me downgrade from 3.04. I was flying and hovering with this P2V with lazer precision and now it has a mind of it's own since I put this crap "upgrade" on it a week ago! I flew it yesterday with no wind blowing whatsoever and while in GPS mode and rear greens flashing clearly showing GPS lock, I was about 15 feet in front of a 6 ft tall tree taking video for work at about 5 ft off the ground and no obstructions when my P2V just started reversing by itself even though I was trying to give it forward stick and it flew right back about 15 feet into the tree and ripped my blades to shreds and the camera popped off. The camera is working fine once I plugged beck in and no other damage except the blades. I'm afraid that I'm going to end up with a pile of broken parts or damaging property or worse...hurting someone with this unreliable flight. It's little more than a paperweight with 3.04 on it because I'm afraid to fly it now. ANYONE KNOW OF A DEFINITE WAY TO GO BACK TO 1.08 OR EVEN 2.0 ON A MAC...OR...HOW I CAN GET IT TO ACTUALLY WORK ON A WINDOWS PC BEFORE THIS BS "UPGRADE" CAUSES ME TO STOP FLYING THIS EXPENSIVE P2V THAT NOW ACTS LIKE ITS POSSESSED AND/OR DOES SOME REAL DAMAGE??? PLEASE HELP...ANYONE!

mike1000 said:
I just tried to get rid of this garbage 3.04 because it is so freakin terrible! My Phantom 2 Vision used to move a max of about 6 inches in any direction in GPS Phantom Mode with a little wind (1 - 3 mph). Now it floats back and forth, side to side and up and down between 3 to 6 feet when I let go of the sticks WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WIND AT ALL!!! I cannot get either of the links posted in this thread for 1.08 Vision Software Assistant to recognize my P2V when I connect it with the supplied USB cable or any other micro USB that I've successfully used with this P2V on my Mac to work on any Windows PC but as I said, it works just fine on my Macbook Pro but I cannot find a version of 1.08 for Mac. Even the Mac 2.0 version won't let me downgrade from 3.04. I was flying and hovering with this P2V with lazer precision and now it has a mind of it's own since I put this crap "upgrade" on it a week ago! I flew it yesterday with no wind blowing whatsoever and while in GPS mode and rear greens flashing clearly showing GPS lock, I was about 15 feet in front of a 6 ft tall tree taking video for work at about 5 ft off the ground and no obstructions when my P2V just started reversing by itself even though I was trying to give it forward stick and it flew right back about 15 feet into the tree and ripped my blades to shreds and the camera popped off. The camera is working fine once I plugged beck in and no other damage except the blades. I'm afraid that I'm going to end up with a pile of broken parts or damaging property or worse...hurting someone with this unreliable flight. It's little more than a paperweight with 3.04 on it because I'm afraid to fly it now. ANYONE KNOW OF A DEFINITE WAY TO GO BACK TO 1.08 OR EVEN 2.0 ON A MAC...OR...HOW I CAN GET IT TO ACTUALLY WORK ON A WINDOWS PC BEFORE THIS BS "UPGRADE" CAUSES ME TO STOP FLYING THIS EXPENSIVE P2V THAT NOW ACTS LIKE ITS POSSESSED AND/OR DOES SOME REAL DAMAGE??? PLEASE HELP...ANYONE!

Me too, same deal. I need the Mac version of 1.08 PLEASE.

Has anyone successfully downgraded from versions above v3.08? I'm trying to get back to v1.08 and it looks like I'm not alone. Every version above 1.08 has caused major stability issues for me, even after all of the proper calibrations (RC through both apps, IMU, compass..) I'm told, however, that you can no longer use the downgrade trick once you've gone past v3.08. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I've tried every trick but was unable to do it. I do have a V1.08 spare bird in perfect flying condition I would consider selling. My current bird is running the latest firmware V3.14 and runs great. I held onto the other one for no flight restrictions etc. but don't seem to need it really.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub