Vancouver, Wa Watching migratory birds and snow caps

DrD

Reaction score
Not much activity in this regional meet-up area. I have not even seen another Phantom in the Portland / Vancouver area. Lot's of other UAV's though. Finding a legal place to fly around here has been challenging, but Vancouver Lake area, and the Blu Roc extension provides a couple of places to view migratory birds, and soon the snow will be highlighting the volcano. Interesting watching the seasons change from 200 feet up or more!

Would like to find other flyers around, to help keep the area used to seeing UAV's around!

-Dale-

Hey, I am in Vancouver, have a couple Phantoms as well as other RC fun. Would love to connect, I am out in Washougal so great flying out here.

Hey, I am in Vancouver, have a couple Phantoms as well as other RC fun. Would love to connect, I am out in Washougal so great flying out here.
Hi Folks- I am in Vancouver and looking to buy a Phantom 2 and hoped to maybe connect with one of you first?

I live in Vancouver. Have had my P3 since May. I primarily fly over in the Vancouver Lake area. That is outside the five mile perimeter of PDX airport. I don't fly often and am very cautious of flying around people, buildings and such. Low profile is my motto but your comment about getting folks used to seeing them is on point. This is so new and unfortunately most of the news recently (Aug 2015) has been the 'unthinking ones' who should not be flying where they are. So we need to educate folks on the non-threatening aspects of these devices. Meanwhile we need to be smart and not push too many buttons of the masses as it accomplishes nothing.

Vancouver also, fly mostly around glenwood little league on 119th street.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20