Vancouver: Vanier Park

Hello
What settings are you using for encoding? Your bitrate looks very low. I upload H264 2.7k 30fps 50mbs.

Hello
What settings are you using for encoding? Your bitrate looks very low. I upload H264 2.7k 30fps 50mbs.
I'm totally new at this...where are the settings for encoding? And how would I make them higher?
I create the video with iMovie using clips saved on my iphone then I upload the finished movie to YouTube.

Iphone? Oh, are you not using the raw footage from the drones camera SD card?

In that case ive no idea with imovie, i use adobe premiere. @ 2.7k the raw bitrate is 40mb/s i think, so ideally you want to encode to a figure above that. However, it will take a lot of time to process, the file sizes will be huge, and the uploading time long. None of these are ideal when using a phone.

At the end of the day, It all depends what your goal is, mine is not to compromise at all on video quality, however that comes at the expensive of time.

Humm...OK, this has got me thinking...so, I may be able to borrow a PC laptop and upload directly from the SD card...then edit with MovieMaker. Extra steps but do you think it would result in much better video quality? (Bitrate, I still don't quite understand but will do some research on it...)

Humm...OK, this has got me thinking...so, I may be able to borrow a PC laptop and upload directly from the SD card...then edit with MovieMaker. Extra steps but do you think it would result in much better video quality? (Bitrate, I still don't quite understand but will do some research on it...)

If you compare your video to mine you will see what i mean by low bitrate mines sharper and clearer, yours is nice footage, but the video quality is very low. The resolution is low too, i can only select 1080p as an option. Whereas there should be a higher quality 1440p option on youtube for phantom standard footage. If you had uploaded it the way i did your video would look lovely, as it stands now its rather frustrating to watch knowing it could be so much clearer. The difference might not be as apparent on a small mobile screen.

Thank you, Dan. Yes, I can see the difference. I will look into how I can improve both the video quality and the resolution of the upload.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)
Thank you, I will.

First I plan to download off the SD card directly onto the PC laptop. Then I'll edit in MovieMaker and try to upload to YouTube with a higher resolution. Hopefully this wil lead me on a path towards more clear and crisp video.

Read through some of the other post on the forums, the video or images stored on you phone or tablet are always of much lower resolution than the actual imagery stored onboard in the SD card. The images on your phone are great for a quick look or to text to your buddies, but do all the serious work on the SD card files. I do my editing in iMovie and have no trouble with editing and exporting my 1080P videos. I'm using a 6 year old MacBook Pro.

I dunno....last night I took the video right off the drone ( plugged the drone into the laptop and downloaded to the computer's drive ) then I edited it in MovieMaker and uploaded on their highest resolution, as you do a Richard, at 1080.

Above I've posted is the result which I feel isn't really that much better than my first video. What do you guys think?

I am thinking I may need to go a better edito that will allow me to post with a higher bitrate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4