Vancouver Island!

Qualicum Beach here, but, so far from my home in Ontario, we don't get out there much. Now, I have a P3, I've got to get to the island, what a place to shoot,eh?
Although, with the average age in Q.B. around 95, the neighbours are gonna have fits!

Qualicum Beach here, but, so far from my home in Ontario, we don't get out there much. Now, I have a P3, I've got to get to the island, what a place to shoot,eh?
Although, with the average age in Q.B. around 95, the neighbours are gonna have fits!
Hahaha a lot of old people there for sure, would love to fly around the beaches there!

Anybody on here from Vancouver Island? I am in Nanaimo but travel all over the island all the time.
Hey there! My partner and I are heading over there early November. We are from Australia and going to stay over night in Courtenay then we are driving down to Tofino for a few days before heading to Squamish. Can't wait to get the P3P in the air over there.

Jason

Tofino is definitely a sight to see! One thing you have to be mindful of is the airport though. There is literally an airport right next to Long Beach. You can go further down the beach to fly it, but you should not fly any higher than the trees. There are airplanes landing there almost every hour it seems.

Tofino is definitely a sight to see! One thing you have to be mindful of is the airport though. There is literally an airport right next to Long Beach. You can go further down the beach to fly it, but you should not fly any higher than the trees. There are airplanes landing there almost every hour it seems.
Thanks heaps for the tip. Good to know.

Hoping to get more tips from the locals so I'm prepared for the journey.

Cheers,

Jason

I've had my drone in the air over 100 times and I've only had 1 person come up to me acting hostile and it was a 90+ yr old lady who thought I was going to fly my drone over 2000km to Hawaii and crash it into an airplane her son was on. Other than crazy old people, most people are fascinated by it![H][/H]

Reactions: jaseman007
I've had my drone in the air over 100 times and I've only had 1 person come up to me acting hostile and it was a 90+ yr old lady who thought I was going to fly my drone over 2000km to Hawaii and crash it into an airplane her son was on. Other than crazy old people, most people are fascinated by it![H][/H]
Awesome. I can't wait for us to get over there. I've recently started my youtube channel with some video over here where I live however the scenery over there is just outstanding.

Jason

Hi everyone,,,,, I am located in Port Alberni I picked up a Phantom 4. I will be using it to get some video of the Ucluelet area, on the west coast of vancouver island, I have a salmon and halibut fishing charter business over there and want to put together a promo video of the area and the boat.
www.WildPacificCharters.com

Lately it has been living up to its name, The Wet Coast.....

Reactions: Eyeinthasky
A beautiful place to fly,for sure.
I have, should say had, as its just sold, a place in Quallicum Beach & I do still have relatives there I visit
Where else can you sit in the yard & watch an Eagle family building their nest!
We must go fishing!

A beautiful place to fly,for sure.
I have, should say had, as its just sold, a place in Quallicum Beach & I do still have relatives there I visit
Where else can you sit in the yard & watch an Eagle family building their nest!
We must go fishing!

If you sold, you didn't move back to Ontario, did you?

End of September pull boat out of the water for the winter but I put it back in around Beginning of April...

Here is a link to my first video just after I got Phantom 4, it was a little nerve racking flying over the water like that

Hehe at least 3 older gents I talked to on the weekend were very interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues