Vacation to Seattle and Portland

Reaction score
Sorry if this is inappropriate use of the section of the forum but I'm writing looking for some advice.

Seattle doesn't appear to be the most drone friendly, banning them in their city parks. I'm curious if any of you locals to Seattle or Portland wouldn't mind sharing some of your favorite places to fly within a reasonable distance (I do have a rental car)

I fly in Everett north of Seattle. Don't fly at the Needle! They supposedly can take your drone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I fly in Everett north of Seattle. Don't fly at the Needle! They supposedly can take your drone

Boy you weren't kidding... We were up at the top of the space needle yesterday, rental car got busted into and they did take my drone!

I fly in Everett north of Seattle. Don't fly at the Needle! They supposedly can take your drone?

How and who? States cannot regulate air space.

I have plans to shoot the space needle and with a part 107 uas license, you can fly as high as the needle itself which is around 600 feet.

I fly ALL over Portland and have never been questioned once. I am very prepared with printed docs showing who's really in control of our "drone" operations, just in case.

How and who? States cannot regulate air space.

I have plans to shoot the space needle and with a part 107 uas license, you can fly as high as the needle itself which is around 600 feet.

I fly ALL over Portland and have never been questioned once. I am very prepared with printed docs showing who's really in control of our "drone" operations, just in case.

Yes they can! I'm very close to the staff at the Needle and they absolutely do regulate the airspace around the needle.

Go try to launch your drone at the base and see what happens

Yes they can! I'm very close to the staff at the Needle and they absolutely do regulate the airspace around the needle.

Go try to launch your drone at the base and see what happens

Do you know their plan of attack.. I'm curious

I'm courious now too. Do they have law enforcement on patrol 24/7? Really what's the deal?

Who is going to physically confiscate my personal property at 2:00 am in a parking lot?

I really don't know... But I've been inside the needle many times. I've seen drones flying, and now you don't. They don't want a drone hitting the building and falling 600' to the ground or worse hitting someone on the O-Deck.

One guy told me they have WiFi interrupters or something that would interfere. They have signs that disallow them too.

I'd be interested in hearing if it's real or BS. It does sound dangerous to interfere with a flying aircraft like a drone.

In all the times I've been in the Needle, I've seen small craft fly right outside the windows on their way to land at Lake Union. So it maybe they are near a seaport, and also in a flight path? NFZ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic