Vacation in Costa Rica - should I pack my P2?

Reaction score
I'm going to a wedding in Costa Rica for a few days, travelling Jet Blue.

Should I even attempt to bring my P2? Will there be an issue at the airport?
It's equipped with an HD-3D gimbal and Gopro, along with addons for video and such
Will there be any problems for it if it's a carry-on? I know batteries are an issue.
I have everything in a nice backpack that can fit in the overhead compartment.
Is this even allowed in Costa Rica?

I'm going to a wedding in Costa Rica for a few days, travelling Jet Blue.

Should I even attempt to bring my P2? Will there be an issue at the airport?
It's equipped with an HD-3D gimbal and Gopro, along with addons for video and such
Will there be any problems for it if it's a carry-on? I know batteries are an issue.
I have everything in a nice backpack that can fit in the overhead compartment.
Is this even allowed in Costa Rica?
I'm heading to Costa in a few weeks as well. I am planning on bringing my P3A. I have heard on here you need to buy lipo fire bags for your batteries to bring them on the plane. I am also thinking about contacting TSA to make sure I don't have any issue going through security. As far as customs when you get into Costa Rica, I haven't heard of anyone having issues.

Ah! Good to know about the bags for batteries. I guess I will put all m y batteries in there just for the hell of it :)

What about a small tool kit?
1617875_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I should probably just put this in my luggage and not my carry-on

Ah! Good to know about the bags for batteries. I guess I will put all m y batteries in there just for the hell of it :)

What about a small tool kit?
1617875_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I should probably just put this in my luggage and not my carry-on
I have to agree with you there. I would put that in the luggage.

Reactions: Vmc
I just took my P2 to Jamaica with 3 batteries in a backpack as a carry no problem at all , never even opened it thru customs etc. got some great video too , just having a blast with this unit.

I went to Mexico (Tulum) with my P2 at the time and I had no problems at all. They didn't even open my backpack (I have a Vanguard backpack) carry on the bird. Do not check it.

I've been flying little quads for a couple of months, and only a Phantom FC40 for the past weeks, and I am definitely taking my Bird to China next year for our yearly trip back to my wife's country.
Travel and a Quad really appealed to me after this travel clip from here in Australia. It's a DJI, so on topic.. Hope this is ok to post..

It's a long clip, but definitely, you will agree, a Quad opens up a whole lotta country. Beautiful!

Dragonash I flew spirit , great experience no problems.

There are new regulations in place, but I doubt they will be enforcing them too much for hobbyists. I was in CR in late July/early August and had zero problems entering the country and flying around with my Phantom. The only time Customs was interested in what was in my carry case was when I got back home.
It's a REALLY good idea to take a basic toolkit with you, just make sure it's in your checked luggage!
Pic for views, The Palms Private Residence Club, Flamingo Beach, Guanacaste:
palms-aerial.jpg

Reactions: Vmc and Yande

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1