V3 Advanced IMU Question

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, After losing my origional P2V+ to a "fly away" in early December last year, thanks to Santa Claus, I now have a new V3. After reading the horror stories about birds with V3 Motors and ESCs dropping from the sky it is making me paranoid about risking this new one. So page by page by the manual I'm following all the pre flight procedures except one. Even though the Assistant Software said IMU calibration wasn't required, I wanted to hedge my bet by doing an advanced IMU calibration. I'm under the impression this can't hurt. The instructions say that Advanced IMU calibration takes about 5 - 10 minutes. When I do this after 2 - 3 minutes I get the ready and the green check. I've repeated this procedure after waiting 2+ hours and I get the same results. Now as far as I know there is no wrong way to perform this operation except maybe having the bird on a unleveled surface.

Now this is what concerns me the most, on my previous P2V+ right before I lost it. I had performed the same advanced IMU test on it and received the same results after just a few minutes and not 5 -10 as stated. Does anyone know if I might be screwing things up by performing these tests when not required by the software? Any suggestions or responces would be appreciated.

Thanks 4wd, I think I agree with you especially since I not getting any on screen warnings. I guess I'm just a little paranoid. Today is shaping up to be a good day to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj