v3.0 Camera Springs Up After Tilt Down

Reaction score
I purchased a second P2V+ v3.0 yesterday. My first has 200+ flights and I am quite familiar with the unit's setup and operation.

I brought the unit home and experienced several frustrating issues (including props that wouldn't spin) but only one remains (as of tonight) (I hope).

When I use the wheel to tilt the camera downward, the camera behaves normally... until I let go, at which time the camera tilts back up, facing forward. It appear to be spring loaded.

I have calibrated/IMU'd multiple times. No luck.

This issue was referenced, misunderstood and NOT solved here:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4636

The dealer has offered to replace the camera and I will likely make the 60 mile trip tomorrow. I write this to informal and educate, and I wonder how many others have experienced a similar issue and whether the issue was resolved in a manner other than replacement.

PS: After powering up this morning, I did receive a gimbal obstruction warning, though nothing was in the way. Perhaps somehow related. Dunno.

I'd say it's more likely that you did not make the changes correctly rather then a hardware problem with the camera. Update to at least 3.08 Gimbal and Phantom , use Assistant to change wheel to advanced and calibrate.

I received some advice via Facebook. I calibrated the sticks using RC, with the phantom off. Then I turned on the phantom, plugged it in and calibrated the sticks and X1 using Assistant. I was hopeful it would work the first time. It did not. I did this three times. I gave up for the night.

Until... someone asked on Facebook where the X1's green marker was. I didn't recall seeing a green marker for X1. So I turned on the phantom, plugged it in, opened Assistant and calibrated X1. The green marker was smack in the middle and the camera is now working as it should.

Having calibrated dozens of times with my first (same model) phantom, I am fairly certain that I followed the proper steps, over and over again.

The problem may be solved, but it sure would be nice to know what the issue really was and what exactly solved it. In case it happens again.

Thanks

Mac 10.9.5
RC (1.2)
Assistant ( 3.8)

mattparker, what exactly did you do differently when calibrating X1 the time it worked?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20