V1.5.0030 on a new Phantom Advanced

Reaction score
I expect to receive a new P3A soon.

In the release notes it says “All-in-One Firmware Updated to:v1.5.0030
This means I can directly install v1.5.0030 on the aircraft?

The RC can be updated through the app, but only if the FW is not too old:
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
Does anyone from what version the RC can be upgraded through the app?

Has anyone tried to install V1.5.0030 on a new Phantom Advanced?

Reactions: rene van der meer
bbfpv and msinger thanks for the reply.
The mentioned instructions contains this remark:
Important: If you're currently using a firmware version older than 1.3.20, then you should install 1.3.20 first before installing a newer version of the firmware. 1.3.20 needs to be installed on your remote controller and batteries.

This is remark is not anymore on the download page.
So I still need to install the firmware 1.3.20 on the Aircraft, all batteries and the RC?
Can I then use the app to install 1.5.30 for the Aircraft and the batteries?

bbfpv and msinger thanks for the reply.
The mentioned instructions contains this remark:
Important: If you're currently using a firmware version older than 1.3.20, then you should install 1.3.20 first before installing a newer version of the firmware. 1.3.20 needs to be installed on your remote controller and batteries.

This is remark is not anymore on the download page.
So I still need to install the firmware 1.3.20 on the Aircraft, all batteries and the RC?
Can I then use the app to install 1.5.30 for the Aircraft and the batteries?
Use app for the RC with 1.3.2 or later. Use the sd card for the AC and for each battery you own.

Once you get your P3A, just first check with the app to see which version of firmware is installed on the AC and the RC and then proceed or ask at that point.

Reactions: JoBe and chuck54
Use app for the RC with 1.3.2 or later. Use the sd card for the AC and for each battery you own.

Once you get your P3A, just first check with the app to see which version of firmware is installed on the AC and the RC and then proceed or ask at that point.
Or, just follow these instructions exactly :)

Thanks OSO.
Just unboxed these are the installed versions: App: 2.4.2 (My phone), RC: 1.3.20 and FW: 1.5.3
This means I can update through the App?
How about the batteries. How can I check the SW version, do I need to update them and if yes how?
ps. The motor is now a new type (2312A) and a new Shell. :)
Now I have to wait to charge the batteries....;)

Start at step #14 here to update the firmware on your remote controller.

You cannot check the firmware on the batteries. The DJI GO app will display a message if they need to be updated.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Again thanks for all tips.
It turned out I only needed to update the RC.
(App: 2.4.2, RC: 1.5.70, FW: 1.5.3)
The new aircraft seems to be much quieter. Maybe the new motors?
The simulator works OK, but is boring. I only see a square grass field and have no telemetry.

The new aircraft seems to be much quieter. Maybe the new motors?
I still have the old motors. But, I've seen people reporting the new motors are a bit quieter.

So if mine is now on 1.3.2, can you update straight to 1.5.3 and bypassing 1.4?
Noodle,
My RC was also 1.3.2.
Updating (with the app) was a piece of cake.
There is a small problem with my new drone: the gimbal protection is to tight. It was only partly attached and is almost impossible to but it back.
I saw some post about this, but mine seems to be even tighter.

Noodle,
Updating (with the app) was a piece of cake.
There is a small problem with my new drone: the gimbal protection is to tight. It was only partly attached and is almost impossible to but it back.
I saw some post about this, but mine seems to be even tighter.
Yes, the stock gimbal guard is tight on mine too, but I am now using the one that came free with Taco RC filters instead.

Anyway, I have gone ahead and updated my bird and RC firmwares earlier this morning. I usually believe in the idea of "if it is not broken, don't fix it", my bird on firmware 1.3.2 has been flying flawlessly but this time I thought what the heck give it a go, I probably want to try those Intelligent Flight modes in the future anyway. Flew it for about 11 minutes, for the first time spent most of the flight over the water, it flew flawless again. These Phantom 3s are so stable they give me lots of confidence flying mine over the water.

Edit: One change I have noticed with this latest firmware is the increase in video bitrate when recording in 25/30fps. Before when I was in 1.3.2, the 1080p 25/30fps record in 25Mbps, today I noticed it has increased to 40Mbps (same as in 1080p 50/60fps). Anyone also noticed this change?

Last edited:
I was able to update the RC from 1.2.6 to the latest...I read the note about doing it by USB key after I had already done it through the DJI app...

According to DJI
"There are two models of Phantom 3 Pro/Adv . If you are using the GL300A , you'll have to upgrade the firmware to 1.3.2 with a SD card first and then to 1.5.7 with the DJI Go app . If you are using a GL300B , you'll just need to upgrade the firmware with DJI Go app . "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav