P4 Firmware v00.00.0000

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Newbie to the forum, I have a problem with my new Mavic. Searched the forum for help but didn't find any solution to get my stuff working.

So I got my Mavic 1 week ago. Got it running and flew it with the remote trough DJI go4 app. The app asked me do update since there was a new firmware out (v01.04.0500) So I started downloading. It suddenly stopped and I could not finish this update when I tried several times. After a restart, I could not connect my remote to the drone, neither the dji go with the remote. Tried all the tips and trick from your other threads. So I tried updating it through Assistant 2 on my mac (deactivated firewall and so on..) After some attempts, I managed to update the drone to the latest firmware (v01.04.0500) this way. But I can't update the remote. It keeps saying "connecting".. I tried C1+C2+REC but I cannot even hear the "beep" sound that it's supposed to do. I have tried this method while hitting the small button on the drone for pairing but no success.

I do understand that I can't connect the remote with the drone when there is two differen

t firmware onthem (remote has v 00.00.0000). But I can't update it trough Assistant 2. I tried factory resetting button but it fails, tried updating to both versions in Assistant to (v 0.04.0500) with no success. It downloads the firmware till 100%, then suddenly messages shows up saying "update fail" with no code available (see photo attached).

I have tried exporting the "black box" so I can upload the Log files here, but Assistant 2 can't export them to my computer.

144521ajghxtvhugjwg3tg.png

This sucks, does anyone of you have any ideas?

May not work now for you but Litchi often rescues a drone from GO 4. Worth a try.
Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

Welcome to the forum, @kamel11000h !

Though you might've registered on a wrong one - there is a separate mavicpilots forum. Some people use multiple platforms, so you'll get some info here; but there is probably more knowledge on the dedicated forum.

I managed to update the drone to the latest firmware (v01.04.0500) this way. But I can't update the remote. It keeps saying "connecting".. I tried C1+C2+REC but I cannot even hear the "beep" sound that it's supposed to do.

I'm not sure if key combinations for Mavic are the same as for Phantoms.

I do understand that I can't connect the remote with the drone when there is two different firmware onthem (remote has v 00.00.0000).

On Phantoms, RC firmware is versioned separately from AC. So version numbers never match, and instead we're just matching firmwares by using these published at similar time.

Also, incopatibilities happen only at specific versions - usually updating only one component will work.

I highly doubt your RC has FW v00.00.0000. Mobile app shows that version because either it did not received version from the RC, or versions returned from different components within RC do not match any firmware version. Probably the first case is true - one of the components within RC is not responding to commands from mobile app.

I have tried exporting the "black box" so I can upload the Log files here, but Assistant 2 can't export them to my computer.

I doubt flight logs contain any info on RC firmware update failure. The RC update logs are probably stored on mobile app - this is how it works in Phantoms.

This sucks, does anyone of you have any ideas?

Most likely case is that one of the modules is not responding, which means it is probably not booting. It can be only flashed directly, by soldering a programmer into the board.

Unless you know how to do this, I'd suggest to buy a new RC. Used Mavic RCs are quite cheap - check your favourite auctioning site.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20