V+ Yaw problem, please help

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just got my vision plus the other day and have noticed when I yaw the quad, it drifts away for about 8 feet. Then when I return the quad to the direction it was facing before, it drifts back to where it was. I also does the same thing when I use the yaw in the opposite direction. I have also noticed that sometimes the craft might “jitter” after the yaw is released.
I also noticed that after flying it for a while the drift gets lessens.
I also have a PH2 but that one does not have any drifts and it is very solid.
Hoping someone has seen this behavior before and can help.
Here is some more info;
The firmware is the lasted v3.06
My compass values are within range and the quad calibrates fine.
I have done basic and advanced calibration.
I have also calibrated the transmitter through the RC app and then through the assistant.
The yaw adjustment was another thing I did with no luck.
I also swapped out the compass with no luck.
Everything else works fine.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Calibrate it from your computer it the phantom sw.

And also redo compass calibration when you have multiple satellite lock.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 21.22.44.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 21.22.44.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 566
Yes I did the RC calibration then Assist calibration and Advanced IMU calibration. Did a couple of flights yesterday and notice some improvements.

One of the two directions always drifts further then the other, regardless of what is done.

But I do have a tip that should help all that read this.....

When you have reached the point in which all you have left to do is power up the props, look at your altitude reading located at the bottom of the screen of your viewing device whatever that may be. If this number is fluctuating at 2.5 feet or higher, reboot your Quad and wait for it to connect again. You may have to go in wifi settings and select the Quad once again. If the altitude number has not improved by being lower then 2.5 feet, repeat the last process. If you can not achieve the lower number, you will have to do a compass calibration. If indeed do a calibration, you will have to reboot Quad before going forward. At this point you should have your lowest altitude numbers displayed. This low number could be your lowest possible, and what you will have to use as your low number reference number. (Not everyone can manage 0-1 altitude reading)

This method will allow your Quad to achieve it's best possible GPS lock for Home Point, as well as your most accurate flight.

*There is one red flag to the above mentioned. And that is if you activate any of the aftermarket apps, you will not be able to achieve a low altitude reading. Other then that, this method should serve you very very well.

flyNfrank,

Thanks for that great tip. I will try that when I get home.

4wd,

I also have a PH2 (no camera/gimbal). That one is very solid when applying the yaw. I am wondering if the camera and gimbal have anything to do with the drift on my V+.

I'm also wondering if my naza or gps units are not completely parallel with the body. If for some reason they were installed on a slight angle. Could that be the cause?

Well, As of last night, i packed the quad and am sending it back to Amain. They are trying to give me the run around but worse comes to worst, i will file a claim with PayPal and get my money back. I am hoping they replace the unit since it's only been 4 days since it arrived. I should have just waited for Amazon to get it back in stock.

Ray0266 said:
Hello everyone,
I just got my vision plus the other day and have noticed when I yaw the quad, it drifts away for about 8 feet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The adjustments for all this is in the Phantom assistant using the gains. The larger the gain number the better it will hold. If you go too far it will oscillate/shake. If it does this just lower the number. The gains go up to 300. My Yaw is set to 250 and I can hold the left stick over and it hold within a foot or less. When it was at the default it did like yours. You adjust the pitch and roll the same way. Hold your right all the way to the right and let it go. If it doesn't stop quickly then up the roll. Same forward and backward with the pitch adjustment.

BTW, when you enter the numbers in the software they are red. Then you press the enter key and they are written to the Phantom and will turn black on the screen. I usually get out of the software and come back in to make sure they are set.

You can't hurt a thing do this. The worse thing that can happen is if you go too high on the gains she will shake a little or the motors will oscillate up and down a hair. If you don't get the results you want you can always hit the default key in the software.

Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj