V Plus V2 compared to V Plus V3

Reaction score
I get that the controller, motors and compass are different.

I like/want the new controller mainly for the wheel that controls the gimbal. Other than that and slightly more powerful motors (That I suspect impedes on battery life) and compass, what is really the noticeable difference?

I have a new V2 Plus arriving tomorrow. I am debating selling it before I take it out of the box and buying a V3, but I can't tell what is a good deal for the V3.

My V2 Plus comes with two lipos, 4 full sets of props (2 CF Props and 2 stock) and prop guards. Wondering what a fair selling price would be.

I'm upgrading my v2 with v3 parts now. If I were buying a new quad altogether, I would without a doubt get the v3. But that is mostly because it suits me more then the v2. Now my v2 is new enough that it already has the same esc's. The part difference between the two that I like overall is the motors and prop combo. They add 200g more thrust per EACH motor then the v2 motors. And they spin 40rpm more over the v2 motors. I want to be able to have more power on tap for flying against the wind when doing the Top Speed flights I've been doing.

I also have a relative that lives around 1.5 miles from me and we're going to start sharing rented video disk with each other. So I'm going to convert my gimbal switch into a drop switch that will release the enclosed disk around his back patio door.

Also, my wife's grandpa lives on a mountain in Tennessee. And for the last 4 years he doesn't leave his house once they get snow or ice. She has a cousin that uses a atv razor with a winch on both ends. They drove these metal rings in the center of the drive every so many feet that allows him to hook the winch up to should he have problems getting the razor up the drive. So anyway, this year we're going to try using the same quad setup I have and with Ground Station setting fly their grandpa's medicine and whatever else up to his house from the bottom of where his drive begins. In the past there has been times that it has taken her cousin hours to get up that drive. And this will only a matter of minutes now.

Pmcdn said:
I get that the controller, motors and compass are different.

I like/want the new controller mainly for the wheel that controls the gimbal. Other than that and slightly more powerful motors (That I suspect impedes on battery life) and compass, what is really the noticeable difference?

I have a new V2 Plus arriving tomorrow. I am debating selling it before I take it out of the box and buying a V3, but I can't tell what is a good deal for the V3.

My V2 Plus comes with two lipos, 4 full sets of props (2 CF Props and 2 stock) and prop guards. Wondering what a fair selling price would be.

I have a Vision + V3. Also debated if the $200+ some dollar was worth it.
I flew a first gen Vision + once in manual mode. I can tell you for a fact that the V3 has a lot more go and agility in manual and Atti mode .
You won't notice anything in gps .. It's like traction control on a high horspower car
I got 19min flight time before I hit the 20% low battery mark that included about 2mins of high altitude hovering..

The gimbal roller is a nice touch and the throttle lock comes in very handy in hand catch landing .

I got my v3 few days ago and love it sell the v2 trust me and get v3 save money on go to hobbywow best site it's cheap I got a case 2 battery and 2 sets on props for less than retail price of just v3 and 1 battery check them out

Iabove said:
I got my v3 few days ago and love it sell the v2 trust me and get v3 save money on go to hobbywow best site it's cheap I got a case 2 battery and 2 sets on props for less than retail price of just v3 and 1 battery check them out

So, besides the camera wheel on the controller, what is the most noticeable difference? I fly in GPS mode almost exclusively. I am EXTREMELY tempted to sell the v2 for a v3, but will be disappointed if it seems like I just paid several hundreds more for a manual camera tilt.

I wouldn't sell a vPlus for the V3 when you can upgrade and end up with the same quad. Like I stated, I already have the newer version ESC's in my quad so there the upgrade is even less. The thumbwheel on the controller is another option to tilt the camera. Soldering new motors is the biggest mod if upgrading it yourself. Some don't have a problem doing it, where others may prefer to buy it already completed.

flyNfrank said:
I wouldn't sell a vPlus for the V3 when you can upgrade and end up with the same quad. Like I stated, I already have the newer version ESC's in my quad so there the upgrade is even less. The thumbwheel on the controller is another option to tilt the camera. Soldering new motors is the biggest mod if upgrading it yourself. Some don't have a problem doing it, where others may prefer to buy it already completed.

You raise a good point. I'm contemplating keeping it and replacing the controller. That in it self should give me the cam tilt function that I really crave.

So the newer motors just create a little more climbing thrust/speed? Because that's not a big deal unless the P2V+ lags or something.

Also, the newer compass looks different. Other than looks, what does it do that the previous one doesnt do?

Pmcdn said:
Also, the newer compass looks different. Other than looks, what does it do that the previous one doesnt do?
It also has better shielding inside to help prevent satellites from dropping when you start to record video. Like flyNfrank pointed out though, this is something you can do yourself.

I hope this youtube video from the people at helipal.com may help to ilustrate the power differences between versions 2 and 3. It's amazing. Also, have a look to the other videos in their website about DJI PV2+, versions 2 & 3.

Watch it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPte3VEvo0

what I like about the v3 is the new wifi module that doesn't burn out and better GPS shielding

flyNfrank said:
I also have a relative that lives around 1.5 miles from me and we're going to start sharing rented video disk with each other. So I'm going to convert my gimbal switch into a drop switch that will release the enclosed disk around his back patio door.

Also, my wife's grandpa lives on a mountain in Tennessee. And for the last 4 years he doesn't leave his house once they get snow or ice. She has a cousin that uses a atv razor with a winch on both ends. They drove these metal rings in the center of the drive every so many feet that allows him to hook the winch up to should he have problems getting the razor up the drive. So anyway, this year we're going to try using the same quad setup I have and with Ground Station setting fly their grandpa's medicine and whatever else up to his house from the bottom of where his drive begins. In the past there has been times that it has taken her cousin hours to get up that drive. And this will only a matter of minutes now.

Now that is very cool. I'd love to see your modification that releases the payload when you are done with it.

eyecon82 said:
what I like about the v3 is the new wifi module that doesn't burn out and better GPS shielding

Wifi module that doesn't burn out? What do you mean?

It's overheating for some people. In version 3, DJI added some vents/holes for some reason. I'm assuming because of the overheating problem.

Pmcdn said:
eyecon82 said:

Wifi module that doesn't burn out? What do you mean?
they upgraded the wifi module in v3 so it is heatsinked properly. I opened mine up and verified. Everything seems to be heatsinked with a higher quality thermal compound as well.

I'm pretty active on this board, but I must have missed something. I knew I had a P2V+ version 1 (says so on the label on the Phantom's belly). When the heck did V2 come out, and what differences does it have with V1? I am well aware of the V2-V3 differences, just wondering what else I missed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers