v. plus gimbal broken....

Reaction score
I added prop guards to my vision plus today, went up around 60ft an turned and it fell straight out of the sky almost like a flat spin, no control..... broken gimbal an props is all..... If anyone has broken their camera or gimbal I'd be interested in buying parts off of you.
[email protected]

Ps..... guards are going in the trash!

laynesway said:
I added prop guards to my vision plus today, went up around 60ft an turned and it fell straight out of the sky almost like a flat spin, no control..... broken gimbal an props is all..... If anyone has broken their camera or gimbal I'd be interested in buying parts off of you.
[email protected]

I doubt the prop guards were responsible, it sounds like you got caught in your own prop wash. I've heard people say the prop guards add to the wash. That sucks you broke your gimbal, have you looked into ordering a new one?

laynesway said:
[email protected]

Were the props and guards both genuine DJI? I've crashed with guards before, but the props were bogus. I think they flexed too much and slammed into the guards,breaking at least one of them, which caused the same downward spiral you described.

Had after market guards, my father has the same exact setup an his was very squirrelly today when I was flying after he seen mine take a dive he landed. Quickly an also said something didn't feel right. I think the props added to the wash..... I've been searching for a solution, gopro? Zemuse? What are my options? As far as I know there are no replacement parts available yet, and nobody seems to want to sale their broken gimbal parts either...... :(

laynesway said:
[email protected]

add me to the vision less my own fault though hit a tree in the dark doing 45
amazing bird replaced 1 prop unhooked camera gimble and she flies like a champ
guess ill have to get a gopro mount like the phantom 1 till the new cameras are available since I have a gopro :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    570 KB · Views: 1,273
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 854
Yikes! They don't have replacement cameras? What are they thinking?

OK, I had a similar problem,,, at the end of a non-eventful flight the low battery warning went off, so I started a descent from about 300' at about 70' the copter started wobbling uncontrollably, and would not respond to any input. and crashed.... (I put this in so people can see this is happening and not {as far as I can tell} a part of user error).

With the freaking Gimbal / camera unit is $680 - $750, at that price I might as well go with a gopro and gimbal combination.

My question is can the phantom 2 vision plus be fitted with a GoPro setup?

If so what would be needed?

Many thanks to useful replies.

replacing with a go pro means no FPV and no telemetry.

Daves RC Motors in Utah has DJI Plus Camera/Gimbal listed on their site for $679

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj