V 3.04 - Nothing to do?

Reaction score
I updated my computer software to v3.04 and connected both the controller and Phantom 2 to the computer. When I run the Assistant software, there are no updates for either the controller or the Phantom.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe your heli is already updated, is your heli new by any chance?, and for what is worth i dont hook up my remote control to the computer, i just connect my heli to the computer

Sana

I bought the Phantom two months ago. I successfully updated it to V2.00. I expected to need a further upgrade. Nothing new showed up in the "Upgrade" tab.

The only thing that I saw that was different was that the hardware was connected to "Com4". Could that be the problem?

How can you tell what version of firmware you have?

sheski said:
Have you actually looked in the Assistant Software Upgrade tab. Come on sheski this basically...mmm...basic! You gotta try and help yourself, just a bit!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Sanababit said:
Maybe your heli is already updated, is your heli new by any chance?, and for what is worth i dont hook up my remote control to the computer, i just connect my heli to the computer

Sana

Well there actually is an "RC assistant" as well and it contains a calibration routine.

sheski said:
What am I doing wrong?

You're using an internet forum in place of reading and understanding the user manual.

N017RW said:
Sanababit said:

Sana

Well there actually is an "RC assistant" as well and it contains a calibration routine.

Yes i know, i made the mistake of using it, when i used it i lost gimbal control, then i mistakenly changed the servos on the remote control, meaning i switches the levers, now th left lever was for going foward and the right for lift, after fidling with it i finally changed everything the way it was and got my gimbal control back, for myself, i really dont need to use it because the phantom assistant has a remote calibration already integrated, for what is worth, its just a precaution, to not use it if you dont know how to use it just like me, lol

Oh and sheski, what version of phantom assistant are you using, if you want to install firmware version 3.04 you need phantom assistant 3.0

Sana

I upgraded the Assistant software to V3.00. Nothing happens when I press any of the tabs. The only thing that is curious is that the controller and the Phantom attach through COM4.

I work for a major microprocessor company and have been able to troubleshoot problems that you may find daunting. Please allow that I am able to recognize tabs on update interfaces.

This assistant does not work for me. I'm sure that something is wrong. Please help me understand what it is.

@ doug86 You are the reason people do not ask for help in this forum.

When you plug the Phantom in to USB, does it recognise it? ie: goes DONG-DONG sound? (and have you loaded the DJI drivers for it?)

Where are you seeing this 'COM4' thing? What operating system are you using?

sheski said:
Why are you asking the same question again in a new thread? You already have people on this thread engaging with you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Your comments about @Doug86 are unfair. We are responding to the information that you provided. On that basis both his and my comments are valid, so don't piss the people off who are trying to help you with very little information from you.

You now say the tabs are not working in the assistant software and you say it is connected to COM4. you have not explained where the com4 is displayed, so we are naturally confused. The Phantom Assistant software does NOT display this info anywhere. So this info request from @bigbadfun is valid.

The only place I have seen COM ports displayed is in the Ground Station software, so you need to provide your would be helpers with appropriate information to try and home in on your problem.

IT problem solver or not in the absense of full info in order for version/upgrade info to be displayed:
* You need intenet connection
* Are the windows drivers installed?
* Assistant software needs installed and running
* Is the USB cable plugged into the P2?
* Is the P2 powered up? (props off for safety)
* Now are the 2 lights on the status bar of the Assistant software flashing?
* If they are click the upgrade tab and it will display all the version numbers of all the firmware in your Phantom.

Like we said earlier, this is all basic stuff and is in the manual.

If you are still having problems then the cause is elsewhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik