using waypoints, drone strays away from course

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my ph3 pro, litci has been wonderful to work with, but just in the last couple days the drone stray away from designated course, I've tried a couple different missions and having the same problem. I have to use the RTH button to bring it home.

It shouldn’t be necessary to use RTH (if the AC responds to RTH it has control signal)- just switch into A or P mode and fly the AC.

How far from the set waypoints Is the AC flying?

I could fly in ac but I'm puzzled why it stray away from the set course. its never done that before. and I noticed that there is a new version in the last few days of litchi. I'm hopeing its just a bug in the soft ware.

I could fly in ac but I'm puzzled why it stray away from the set course. its never done that before. and I noticed that there is a new version in the last few days of litchi. I'm hopeing its just a bug in the soft ware.
How far off course was it?

its hard to say how far off course it is, it just start flying away and doesn't respond to any commands other than the rth

you can see on the screen that has the course mapped out, it just takes off all of the sudden

its hard to say how far off course it is, it just start flying away and doesn't respond to any commands other than the rth
Ok, your going to have to explain this a little better, for me anyway- your not saying the AC is flying slightly off course rather it is flying off unpredictability as though it’s not even going to the first waypoint?

Have a good look at your mission, especially to make sure you haven’t accidentally touched the screen and added another waypoint.

If you flick out of F to P mode it should stop and hover.

It will fly thru a couple of way points and then just takes off, like its lost memory of the course, and seems to be flying away from the home piont

It will fly thru a couple of way points and then just takes off, like its lost memory of the course, and seems to be flying away from the home piont
Have a good look at the mission. You won’t be the first that has accidentally added a waypoints touching the screen. If it’s consistently doing the same thing and you have flown the mission before it’s unlikely ti be a list GPS or other issue.

you understand there is a map of the mission on the screen? it just leaves the designated route that's on the map, is not headed towards another way point.

you understand there is a map of the mission on the screen? it just leaves the designated route that's on the map, is not headed towards another way point.
Yes.

Upload your flight log for the subject flight to phantomhelp log viewer and post a link to the flight back here.

Yes.

Upload your flight log for the subject flight to phantomhelp log viewer and post a link to the flight back here. It would help to have a screen grab of the litchi mission for reference also.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, I added a two small led headlamps, could the metal be throwing it off? I flew a couple of mission when I first added them and it flw the mission just fine

Just wondering, I added a two small led headlamps, could the metal be throwing it off? I flew a couple of mission when I first added them and it flw the mission just fine
Hopefully you performed a compass calibration after you added the lamps.

Let’s have a look at the mission and the log file.

I don't know how to find the flight logs in litchi and I don't know how to up load them

I've flown using Litchi for well over a year and have never had the issue of the mission behaving like that unless I'd added another WP by mistake or had a message pop up on the screen informing me of some sort of error. If you have an Airdata account you could sync your mission to it and see if there are any warnings associated with your flight. Otherwise you could try creating another mission and see if the problem persists. If that fails, try deleting the app and reinstalling it. The latest Litchi app update includes notes referring to looking at supporting older iOS devices that are having issues on start up.

Reactions: With The Birds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4