Using the Phantom 4 gimbal and camera without a drone

Reaction score
Hi All

I know this might seem crazy, but I'm wondering if it is possible to use a phantom 4 gimbal and camera separate to the drone?

I have an old gimbal and camera (had to be replaced) still works just the footage has dots and lins all through it, anyway thats a different story.

So I have a camera and gimbal sitting around and wonder if it is possable to power it up without the drone, you might say, 'why not just by a proper camera and gimbal?', that is not the idea, I have this camera and gimbal sitting around and wonder if theres anything I can do with it.

Interesting pursuit - which I cannot help you with - but those dots and lines you refer to regarding the reason you replaced this component...that would take the wind right out of my sails..

Reactions: Firedrone
Interesting pursuit - which I cannot help you with - but those dots and lines you refer to regarding the reason you replaced this component...that would take the wind right out of my sails..
Tell you what, it took me a long time to figure out that I would have to replace the camera and it was not a decision that I particularly liked but it at least it fixed the problem.

Tell you what, it took me a long time to figure out that I would have to replace the camera and it was not a decision that I particularly liked but it at least it fixed the problem.

You might try replacing the ribbon cable and those dots and lines will go away.

You might try replacing the ribbon cable and those dots and lines will go away.
Yeah your probably right, but I could not find any ferm infomation when I was researching how to fix the dots and lines, so didnt want to risk it still not working.

Thanks for the tip but I really would like to know if its possible to use the (now spare) gimbal without the drone. If so then I would replace the ribbon cable

Hi, it seems like you, I am a bit of an inventor. Now, being cleverly endowed can be fun, but can sometimes get too complicated and above our proverbial paygrade. If you could get the schematics you may have a chance...You got the time...Miller's got the beer! (you may be too young to remember that one!) lol

Reactions: Firedrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl