Using Tap-Fly as another kind of IOC?

Reaction score
I don't have a P4 in hand yet, should arrive Friday. But, the one thing I haven't seen yet is if the Tap-Fly feature can double as a constant speed Orientation Lock. If you were to yaw, I'd assume it would maintain its heading to wherever you are flying towards. Has anyone tried this yet?

Reactions: fly_it
Yes please! Report back for sure. I'm certain that we would still have a fair amount of control of the craft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just tried it, it does not maintain course. Wherever the camera is pointed is where the bird will fly. :< Oh well.

Just tried it also.

Once you select a location and it starts heading there if you yaw left or right a cross hair comes up and tries to select a new point to fly to. It's kind of cool as it tries to lock onto whatever you're pointing at.

Reactions: bradbrok
How accurate is the tap to fly? If you pick one tree in a group of fifty a half mile away, will it fly in a constant straight line to that one tree?

How accurate is the tap to fly? If you pick one tree in a group of fifty a half mile away, will it fly in a constant straight line to that one tree?

I would say yes. It's pretty accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4