Using spray lacquer as a form of balancing propellers ??

Reaction score
Firstly apologies if this post cheeses any one of I can imagine this is one of the most frowned upon posts but has any one ever used a spray lacquer to help balance there props?.

I have read in many posts how bad it is to sand them (depending upon material of prop).

I have a set of cheap chineese carbon propellers. I was very unhappy with there performance to which I went out and purchased a balance bar. I was so shocked how Un balanced they were. In turn I added a slight spray to the lighter parts of the prop. Now they do to my satisfaction look fairly balanced now, but sods law the weather has permitted me from flying today to test the new flight smoothness as such.

Has any one tried this method before and succeeded with some nice props or have I just ruined a pair of perfectly rubbish propellers

Thanks for your time

I used clear nail polish ,a couple dots on the light side

foobee82 said:
Did you find with the nail varnish an improvement?

i saw a Youtube video showing how to use nail polish ,i tried it and balanced my props quickly. if you go too heavy,its easy to wipe it off and start over. works great. just check again after it dries ,some of it evaporates .

Why not just use a nail file and sand a bit on the trailing edge? Works great. Sand, sand, wipe, retest the balance.

I've got 4 sets of Maytech CF props and they all work well.

I think sanding is a bit absolute. With tape, varnish or polish you can easily undo what you did. But sanding works fine if you do it bit by bit. On Cf props it's a slow process but on the soft originals it's easy to sand off too much in the first go.

I use CF almost all the time. Get a pack of cheap cardboard/paper double sided nail files and start with the fine side.

It's not difficult with either type of prop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj