Using PhantomP2 and PhantomRC software

Reaction score
This question is for those who use a Macintosh computer and have a vanilla Phantom 2. I cannot get either software applications to connect to either the P2 or the controller. I know the software is old and I am running Mojave, but still.

I hope someone out there can shed some light.

Thanks in advance,
William

Something about needing the drivers installed also?
Someone having knowledge of this should be along soon..

I think that is just for Windows.

You only need the driver when using windows. Not all Mac OS was compatible with DJI software for P2's. You may have to contact DJI about compatibility with the Mac os you are using. Don't think there anything in the owners manual I sent you about Mac compatibility.

This question is for those who use a Macintosh computer and have a vanilla Phantom 2. I cannot get either software applications to connect to either the P2 or the controller. I know the software is old and I am running Mojave, but still.

I hope someone out there can shed some light.

Thanks in advance,
William

Use a VM machine and install windows on it and use that to run the assistant

Thinking back I believe there was a time withing the six weeks that I could connect to the two pieces of hardware. Therefore I think that the update to 10.14.3 changed something.

Thinking back I believe there was a time withing the six weeks that I could connect to the two pieces of hardware. Therefore I think that the update to 10.14.3 changed something.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct update for your Mojave. as the latest update was 10.14.2

MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 Update Released for Mac

Downloading VM machine will cost you $109.00USD for windows 10 no sense in using any other OS than the newest.

Your right it just came out Jan 22 nd.

I do know why to say or why it happened but the Macintosh software has started to work. I had tried several emulators that did not require an actual copy of Windows. They would not work either. So I gave the Mac app one more shot and it worked! I did change USB cable; I don’t know if it had any effect.

I went through all the settings, updated the firmware on both the controller and the P2. The only thing I wasn’t able to do that I wanted to do is set the height for failsafe. The slider would not move.

I do know why to say or why it happened but the Macintosh software has started to work. I had tried several emulators that did not require an actual copy of Windows. They would not work either. So I gave the Mac app one more shot and it worked! I did change USB cable; I don’t know if it had any effect.

I went through all the settings, updated the firmware on both the controller and the P2. The only thing I wasn’t able to do that I wanted to do is set the height for failsafe. The slider would not move.

Could have been a faulty USB cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic