Using new Vision+ remote with Heli-X Flight Sim - HELP!?

Reaction score
Hi,
Just downloaded the demo of Heli-X 5 flight Simulator for PC after seeing a great video on YouTube where a guy was flying the Phantom in the program. With my work schedule, I dont get to fly as much as I would like and it would be great to have extra "flying" hours to practice my skills when it's not possible to fly the real thing. I recently upgraded my gen. 1 Vision+ remote to the new Vision+ remote with the training port on the back.

I connected the remote to the PC using a cable purchased at Hobby King and opened the sim software and it all appears to be working except...I cant get the sticks to calibrate and as a result, I can't get the sim to respond to my remote's joysticks. The startup script in Heli-X detects the remote but I cant setup the controller sticks using their setup tool. It refers to calibrating the sticks by moving the sticks for "collective pitch" and "cyclic roll" and "cyclic nick" and "rudder" controls. Since I am a relatively new RC pilot, I am making my best guess that "collective pitch" on the DJI remote is the left stick forward/back, "cyclic roll" is the right stick side-to-side, "cyclic nick" is right stick forward/back and the rudder is the left stick side-to-side (yaw)? I try to follow their instructions but the manual is not at all clear on the process.

If anyone has used the Vision+ remote with the pitch wheel in Heli-X with any success, would you be able to share any step-by-step directions on how to setup the remote to fly the Phantom in the simulator?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj