Using ipad mini as flying tablet

Reaction score
I'm considering getting an iPad mini 3 or 4 16gb to use as my flying tablet for my PS3; do I need an iPad mini with wifi and unlocked cellular or just wifi along? Thanks for any help.

Do you plan on using the Follow Me flight mode or resetting the home point to your current location after taking off? If so, you'll need the cellular model since the Wi-Fi only model does not contain a GPS receiver.

I have not yet ever used the Follow Me mode. I usually recalibrate the compass before taking off. I'm also thinking that if I do get an iPad mini, I may switch to the Litchi app, so should I go ahead and get the cellular unlocked version of iPad mini just in case?

Ipad mini 3 not currently recommended by Litchi........I just actually asked them about this.

If I'm out in the field with the ipad, and no wifi is near (except for using my iphone as a hot spot), will the Litchi app be able to function without a GPS connection? So, it looks like I should be getting an ipad 4 with wifi and unlocked cellular to fly the most accurately in all situations, correct (using the Litchi app)? Or am I obtuse and missing something here?

I have not yet ever used the Follow Me mode. I usually recalibrate the compass before taking off. I'm also thinking that if I do get an iPad mini, I may switch to the Litchi app, so should I go ahead and get the cellular unlocked version of iPad mini just in case?

Ipad Mini 4. Do not recalibrate before take off unless a message comes up........!

If I'm out in the field with the ipad, and no wifi is near (except for using my iphone as a hot spot), will the Litchi app be able to function without a GPS connection? So, it looks like I should be getting an ipad 4 with wifi and unlocked cellular to fly the most accurately in all situations, correct (using the Litchi app)? Or am I obtuse and missing something here?
Mini 4 cell/wifi. Best screen, proc power, location and barometer which works with some apps for altitude.

will the Litchi app be able to function without a GPS connection?
Yes. Like when using the DJI GO app, the Phantom uses GPS data from its internal GPS receiver. You only need a mobile device with a GPS receiver if you'd like to use the two features I mentioned above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1