Using Ipad air 1 or Ipad mini 2?

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm now looking into buying one of the two and I would like to know if people that use these are happy with the performance.
Please advise. Also if you can post here a screen capture it will be perfect.

Is the air 2 much better for this task? It's expensive for me...but I want something that works well.

Thanks.

The iPad Air 2 has a faster processor and an anti-reflective coating. I use an iPad Mini 2 and have no trouble with it performance-wise though.

Reactions: Itay
I have the Air 1 and it works great. It is a little large though mounted on the controller. I might get the mini 3 later this year and sell my Air1.

Better performance-wise? No.

I went and got the ipad air 1, thank to your input, and I flew my phantom in the house. Looks like its working well. The lag is not too bad. The air 1 is a smooth machine. Ill take it for a real flight soon...
Thanks!

Last edited:
Today i took the phantom for a first real flight, using the ipad air 1. Im very happy with it. i flew 700 meters away and the video was very good and the lag wasn't noticeable.

I bought an AIR 1 and i'm not happy.
A lot of no signal intereuptions, freezing and a lot of disturbences on te view screen.
Could it be that i need a USB lightning cable of better quality
Marnix

iPad mini 2 32gig cellular is my tablet. Works fantastic with my phantom 3 Advance

iPad mini 2 32gig cellular is my tablet. Works fantastic with my phantom 3 Advance
I bought it a month ago.Everything works great till 3' before my battery ends.Then it starts to lag...not a lot but it does.How is yours acting?

PS.I have nothing but dji app installed

Not a single bit of lag on my ipad mini 2 wifi+cell, I go through 4 batteries when flying the P3
Same here. Just perfect. I have both the ipad mini 2 and the air 2. Both wifi+cell and my goto ipad is the mini 2 because of it's weight and size. If you want any comparable videos you think might help you decide let me know.

I bought an AIR 1 and i'm not happy.
A lot of no signal intereuptions, freezing and a lot of disturbences on te view screen.
Could it be that i need a USB lightning cable of better quality
Marnix

This is the first I've heard of someone not being able to use an Air 1. Mine works flawlessly. Check the cable. I had the same issue with a bad cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20