Using FC40 Camera on Phantom 1

Reaction score
I am trying to use the FC40 camera I got with th DJI FC40 package on a newly acquired Phantom1. It appears that there may be a conflict as the camera looses connection when the motors power up. The camera appears to work fine when connected to my app without the phantom 1 running.
Any ideas guys...

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!! ;)

The standard phantom 1 communicates with your hand held remote on the 2.4ghz spectrum, which is the same as how the FC40 camera communicates with your smart phone. The FC40 camera is designed to work with the FC40 version of the phantom which communicates with the remote via 5.8Ghz radio. The two 2.4ghz devices can easily wash each other out resulting in either what you have experienced or a much more dangerous problem where the video signal washes out your transmitters signal in flight which will most likely result in what is known as a fly away, where the receiver detects abnormal radio frequencies, resulting in eratic flight. This will not trigger the auto return to home either as there is still data being received with the controller assuming that it is the communication from your remote. This problem is the same for a gopros wifi, should you ever try that. (JUST DONT!) however you do have the ability to put a proper fpv system onto your quad with no problems in terms of interferance. Try this!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 8G_TX.html

This will give you much better range in ping on your video resulting in much better flight experience!

Any more questions feel free to reply on here or PM me!

Thank you for the info. So to use a go pro on this phantom I would not be able to view the flight and turn on off recording or take still pics without some other frequency device.

if you just want to have fun get some good videos and not spend a fortune try the Yuneec cgo-1 hd wifi 5.8 camera.

I put one under my P2 and it works well, its not a Vision plus but!

How about checking the new Eflite C-Go1 HD camera for the new blade platform? It runs on 5.8 ghz and comes with a circular polarized antenna streaming to your smart phone.

Found on ebay for $60
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Flite-EFLA9 ... 4897.l4275

Its a gopro clone so should fit in the standard go pro casing with your phantom 1, it may require a bit of chopping though to get the antenna to fit right

I have the 5.8ghz phantom with the fc40 cam

My friend has the phantom 1 i read he cant use the fc40 cam as may interfier. If he gets a 5.8ghz camera would it affect my phantom or camera and vise versa for him, just we plan to fly them together when he has his running over next few days?

Thanks

It should not.
I fly with neighbor with my vision plus(5.8 control-2.4 video) and he has P1 with 2.4 control and the CGO-1 with 5.8
all is good and we have No problems. The main issue is if both were on board together, IE: camera at 2.4 and control at 2.4 , then confusion and interference likely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav