Using DJI Go to fly with iPad

Reaction score
Tried to fly with my iPad last night. It is an iPad Air that is regular that needs a wifi connection for location. So, needless to say, I did not want to try it since the map would not show up and it could not record the home point since there was no way to find it on the device. Anybody else figure out how to make this work to use it instead of my phone? I would love to have the bigger screen flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did not want to try it since the map would not show up
You'll need to cache your maps before you head out to fly or tether your iPad Air to your phone to get an Internet connection while you're out flying.

it could not record the home point since there was no way to find it on the device
The home point should be marked if you have a good GPS signal. Your mobile device does not need to have an Internet connection for that to occur.

Reactions: Squirrel!
That was what I was thinking I may need to do. I will try that next time to see if that works. Thanks for the info.

You'll need to cache your maps before you head out to fly or tether your iPad Air to your phone to get an Internet connection while you're out flying.

The home point should be marked if you have a good GPS signal. Your mobile device does not need to have an Internet connection for that to occur.
How do you cache the maps. Is there a button in the DJI Go app.

How do you cache the maps. Is there a button in the DJI Go app.

It's tricky, but open the app at home after connecting to the phantom so that u then can have a location and switch to home wifi and look at the map, then it will cache.

Caching Maps for the Vision App for IOS or Android?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Nickster
Thanks everyone for all this great info! This forum is awesome. Quick responses and great info!

Did what was suggested and it worked perfect. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj