Using different type antennas together

Reaction score
As some of you may know, Ive converted my P2V into a "Relay" Camera drone setup using a 2 drone system for flying. Many months ago. I did a couple upgrades on the Antenna setup. I installed 2 clover style antennas for the 5.8 receiver side. On the Relay drone im using a 5.8 REDbird and 2.4 R500 Wi Fi extender with both running a Itelelite Flat panel. For best compatbility which antenna is best? See youtube video. Thanks.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow I've never seen anybody put an ITELITE on the bird side before. Interesting.

Since the ITELITE 5.8 transmits a linear signal, it seems to me you'd want a linear antenna on the receiving side. The cloverleaf will work, but it shouldn't work as well as a good linear. I would be inclined to use vertical dipoles.

Also, I'd get rid of that RE500 and replace it with the RE 700.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Wow I've never seen anybody put an ITELITE on the bird side before. Interesting.

Since the ITELITE 5.8 transmits a linear signal, it seems to me you'd want a linear antenna on the receiving side. The cloverleaf will work, but it shouldn't work as well as a good linear. I would be inclined to use vertical dipoles.

Good luck!

Thanks.. I used the flat panel antenna on the bird for 2 reasons. First is that my Wi Fi extender does not have the same range as the R700 model, and second is, the panel is useless on my radio when Im flying using a 2 drone relay system since the relay drone is 200 dt from me. Since I have money tied up in it, I find another use for it. I do agree about the Dipole antennas, since the wire antenna (stock) that runs down the landing gear is that same type. I just need to find some short ones to screw on the sides where the clovers are now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers