Using both Litchee and DJI Go

Reaction score
Hi, I have a couple of dozen flights on my P3 Pro and I use both Litchee and DJI Go on iPad Pro. I completely close out one Program before employing the other. Is there any conflicts introduced to the P3 Pro doing this? For example, compass calibration and gimbal calibration. If good in one program, will it be good in the other? Do you suggest rebooting P3 when changing? Any other conflicts? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is good/recommended practice to have only one app running during flight. I use the DJI app for setting up RTH , checking for updates, calibrations etc, and then I normally only open Litchi. I do not open DJI before every flight, only now and again, usually on the kitchen table.
I always check the RTH , and other parameters on Litchi before setting off.
I use an ipad mini, and always ensure nothing else is open.

don't even have them on the same device, if using android. I use a Ipad air 2 and don't have any trouble with them on the same devise, but I don't open them at the same time, same as you.

Hi, I have a couple of dozen flights on my P3 Pro and I use both Litchee and DJI Go on iPad Pro. I completely close out one Program before employing the other. Is there any conflicts introduced to the P3 Pro doing this? For example, compass calibration and gimbal calibration. If good in one program, will it be good in the other? Do you suggest rebooting P3 when changing? Any other conflicts? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most third-party apps will carry over a lot of the settings that are in the Go App. What I'm not sure of is if you set RTH in the Go App to specific height and then set RTH in the third-party app you're using to a specific height, which RTH height will you choose, the third-party or the Go App?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Most third-party apps will carry over a lot of the settings that are in the Go App. What I'm not sure of is if you set RTH in the Go App to specific height and then set RTH in the third-party app you're using to a specific height, which RTH height will you choose, the third-party or the Go App?

AFAIK, to set up (and see in app settings) the RTH heigth, max. altitude and. similar settings (max. distance), you need to have all devices (iPad/Remote/Phantom) to be in connection. So, seems, those settings are stored on AC (quite reasonable - if not, how your Phantom will know those settings in case on lost connection).
I suppose, the same for sticks/gimbal calibration.

Apps built off of the DJI SDK are very stable to switch back and forth between the 3rd party app and Go, even in flight. Just don't try to switch between 2 3rd party apps.

I fly Litchi 90% of the time. Occasionally I use Go. When I do, just hitting the home button to clear one off the screen, then open the other works for me no issues.

But you can not have 2 3rd party apps open. For instance, I fly Litchi, and then I want to use DronePan for a pano. You can not launch the drone with Litchi and open DronePan in flight.

So if I have been flying Litchi and want to use DronePan, I double tap home (iPad) which brings up all open apps, and flick Litchi off the top of the screen to close completely. The open Go, fly to the location. Then like above I just press the home button to clear the screen and then open DronePan.

Reactions: Sasquad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj