Using battery during auto discharge cycle

Reaction score
I searched this site and found partial answers to my question, but would appreciate anybody who can be more specific on the topic. I love the new auto discharge feature in the P3 batteries. However, neither the P3 manual nor battery instructions address what occurs if you interrupt the automatic battery discharge process by either charging the battery or using it in the copter prior to it discharging to the 65% level. Is there any risk to interrupting the slow discharge by using the battery or topping it back off before it gets down to 65%?

Another way of asking the question - what are the triggers that stop the auto discharge cycle besides the battery arriving at 65%? If none, you can imagine the risk of flying with a battery that is still processing an auto discharge cycle; and instructions should be clear to leave the battery alone until auto discharged to 65%.

The auto discharge process will stop and the timer will reset if you press the battery button. I'm assuming the same will happen if you attempt to charge the battery.

Another way of asking the question - what are the triggers that stop the auto discharge cycle besides the battery arriving at 65%? If none, you can imagine the risk of flying with a battery that is still processing an auto discharge cycle; and instructions should be clear to leave the battery alone until auto discharged to 65%.
If none? how would one charge their batteries to 100% then.

Pressing the button, or recharging it interrupt the auto discharge...

If none? how would one charge their batteries to 100% then.

Pressing the button, or recharging it interrupt the auto discharge...

Just pressing so it shows the bars, or turning it on?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj