Using Adv/Pro remote w/ new Phantom 4k

Reaction score
The pictures look like they basically slapped the pro model with a Phantom 4K logo.

I am sure no one has received there's yet to confirm if the light bridge antennas are along the legs still or what...

My question: Does anyone know if using the remote for Phantom 3 Professional on the new Phantom 4k will work? or rather will it support light bridge right out of the box, basically making it a Phantom 3 Professional then?

Happy to come across the forum.. been reading tons of good stuff!

The Phantom 3 4K is pretty much the Phantom 3 Standard with a 4K camera. You can compare the specs here.

It would somehow be possible to upgrade the hardware to make it a Professional. What needs to be upgraded remains to be seen. But, you'd probably spend far more than if you just purchased the Professional up front.

You see the pictures? It appears that the standard doesn't have the antennas (which we know it doesn't) on the legs and the Phantom 4k does or so it looks as though it does in the picture. Which goes back to my question is if its applicable with a Pro/Advance remote right out of the box to support light bridge?

What else would those antennas be for if it were the same as the standard? Unless the picture is misleading.

And yes I assume we will find out as people start receive and open them up.

I personally have a P3P, it was just a thought if I were interested in another bird because I have an extra remote.

Last edited:
To answer your question, the 4K does not use Lightbridge. You cannot just buy an Advanced/Professional remote controller and have Lightbridge capabilities on the 4K.

Well it appears going off the the picture of the P4K that it has the lightbridge antennas on it. So I guess time will tell.

I'm lost. Are you assuming that it also has the Lightbridge hardware installed and hidden away somewhere inside of the Phantom?

I'm not assuming anything. I am simply curious to see exactly how different the P4K and P3P are.. I see the firmware is that of the standards, I get all that. Its just a thought wanted to see if anyone could shed light. Thanks for your input.

Which hardware are you referring to though? I thought the lightbridge hardware is mostly in the remote. Therefore whats needed on the drone would be the antennas which in the picture it would appear that it has.

Compare the Phantom Series | DJI
Definitely no lightbridge, only wifi.

According to this, the P34K remote will be much different than the P3S. It sounds like a mix of the P3S remote and the P3A/P Remote.

It has a Return Home Switch like the P3S (instead of the RTH button), but like the P3A/P remote it has a video recording button, shutter button, playback button, and 2 customization buttons. No idea how the antenna and wifi antennas will look like.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the Lightbridge board that's beneath the VPS module.

dji_phantom_3_stripped_18.jpg

That connects to the antennas, correct?

So, if in fact it does have the antennas on the legs like picture shows then they could of just removed that board and left them unplugged I guess.. Can't really assume too much huh? :)

That connects to the antennas, correct?
Right. It also connects to the main board. I doubt the board is Lightbridge compatible.

No this won't work. Although the P34K controller appears similar to the P3P/A controller externally, internally they are two different beasts. The P34K does NOT use Lightbridge. It uses the 5.8 Ghz control/2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi video link system utilized on the P3 Standard. Internally the P34K controller has a 5.8 Ghz control transceiver & a 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi module. You may be able to link the new P34K controller with a P3 Standard & make use of the increased controls.

The pictures look like they basically slapped the pro model with a Phantom 4K logo.

I am sure no one has received there's yet to confirm if the light bridge antennas are along the legs still or what...

My question: Does anyone know if using the remote for Phantom 3 Professional on the new Phantom 4k will work? or rather will it support light bridge right out of the box, basically making it a Phantom 3 Professional then?

Happy to come across the forum.. been reading tons of good stuff!

I just want to know if it's a 4K standard wifi is the same the 4K remote might work with the standard as well?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj