Using a Tablet and FPV goggles at the same time

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been discussed. Probably has, but I could not find it.

I have a P3A and want to put the HDMI module on. I see using FPV goggles means you do not have your touch screen selections available. I was looking at the goggles my Galaxy S7 will snap into.
So my question. With the HDMI module installed is there a way I can use my Tablet through the USB like we all do so I can use it for CL, HL, GS, Follow etc, and connect my Galaxy S7 to the HDMI output of the remote for goggles? Either directly or thru a MHL adapter. Then I could just lift the goggles a bit, make my mode change on the tablet and go back to the goggles again?
I know I can run out of my phone to a TV with the MHL adapter, but will the signal go the other way too? From remote to input phone? DJI couldn't or wouldn't answer. Said it was out of their scope of support. No one can seem to answer it. Drone dealers, (a few of the bigger ones) Best Buy, DJI.

So I resort to this forum. Someone MUST have tried this.....right?

Thanks Jack

You can connect one device to USB port of the RC and second device can be connected to HDMI port. Both can work simultaneously. Second device should be able to accept HDMI signals. iPhones do not accept HDMI inputs. There are many goggles available that directly accept HDMI signals. TV monitors accept HDMI inputs. There are 5" and 7" monitors available which can be plugged to HDMI signals.

Hope this answers your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
What if you haven't got the hdmi module, can you split the USB with a Y splitter and send to vr goggles and a tablet, this is my next job

You can connect one device to USB port of the RC and second device can be connected to HDMI port. Both can work simultaneously. Second device should be able to accept HDMI signals. iPhones do not accept HDMI inputs. There are many goggles available that directly accept HDMI signals. TV monitors accept HDMI inputs. There are 5" and 7" monitors available which can be plugged to HDMI signals.

Hope this answers your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
It does. Thank you. I have a Galaxy S7 not sure if it will accept HDMI. It will send it. I will check it out and post results. Thanks!!! Jack

What if you haven't got the hdmi module, can you split the USB with a Y splitter and send to vr goggles and a tablet, this is my next job
Thats a good question. I would like to know that also..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair