Use Two Controllers Simultaneously Possible?

Reaction score
This might sound like a strange question, but is it possible to use two controllers simultaneously with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+? I know the Inspire 1 has this feature included by default, but was thinking this could be handy for the Phantom as well. With this in place, an expert could quickly take over control in case a novice is loses control, much like the old Driver's Education cars. Has anyone tried this yet? Would it be as simple as just buying an extra remote and registering it?

To my knowledge the phantom is designed to be bounded with only one Tx at the time; this because of safety reasons.
I am not sure, but I think the 2 tx's that can be bounded to a Inspire 1 at the same time, probably are each only able to controle different funtions; one the funtions related to flying and the other the funtions related to the gimbal and camera.

I thought i had read that the new V3 transmitter had a trainer port on the back. What you describe is exactly how you would use the trainer port on other radios like futaba, Spectrum, etc. But I dont believe much info has been released about the trainer port/functionality yet.

lindjiguy said:
This might sound like a strange question, but is it possible to use two controllers simultaneously with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+? I know the Inspire 1 has this feature included by default
On the Inspire one controller is designated the master and handles flying. The slave controls the gimbal but no flying.

dbfletcher said:
I thought i had read that the new V3 transmitter had a trainer port on the back. What you describe is exactly how you would use the trainer port on other radios like futaba, Spectrum, etc. But I dont believe much info has been released about the trainer port/functionality yet.

I have the V3 transmitter and can confirm the trainer port exists. Let's hope more information comes out about how to use this. Also an improvement with this version is it doesn't take AA batteries either like previous version and instead you charge it.

The trainer port allows connectivity to the Lightbridge system. The Inspire uses similar technology to allow dual controllers to be used.

You could replace you radio control system with a trainer enabled system if you were concerned, but TBH, in most cases, handing the controller over is sufficient, as the response of the Phantom in GPS or Atti mode is quite slow compared to most R/C aircraft, where instant handover is a must.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic