Use My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 as a Monitor?

Reaction score
Hey Guys, today i was thinking, why do i need to buy a tablet if i can just use my microsoft surface pro 3. i know there is no program for windows but i can download an android simulator and download the DJi Pilot on it i think, once my P3 gets here i will test it out and let u guys know.

what do you guys think?

Using stuff like bluestacks or emulators is nothing but pure hassle and old unreliable software. They are going to be releasing windows phone software but don't know if it's going to be compatible with your surface pro?

Using stuff like bluestacks or emulators is nothing but pure hassle and old unreliable software. They are going to be releasing windows phone software but don't know if it's going to be compatible with your surface pro?
What's your source regarding a Windows Phone app release? Curious since I have a Windows phone but am considering getting an Android tablet just for the Phantom...

What's your source regarding a Windows Phone app release? Curious since I have a Windows phone but am considering getting an Android tablet just for the Phantom...
Screenshot_2015-04-21-18-24-56.png

Hate to reopen an old discussion but no need to start a new one....Anyone have any luck with this? Tried messing around with my Phantom and Surface pro 3 but wasn't sure if I'm missing something trivial. Have DJI Go app running on surface tablet using Bluestacks, main thing seems to be connection between controller and Tablet. Used a male to male USB cable but no luck....

Hate to reopen an old discussion but no need to start a new one....Anyone have any luck with this? Tried messing around with my Phantom and Surface pro 3 but wasn't sure if I'm missing something trivial. Have DJI Go app running on surface tablet using Bluestacks, main thing seems to be connection between controller and Tablet. Used a male to male USB cable but no luck....
It probably won't work via bluestacks that layer is keeping the signal from going through properly I'd bet... great idea though, bet you play clash of clans too!

Reactions: QuikSilver15

Hello,

I've got the same problem. No solution at all? (like to avoid buying another tablet...)

It might work since you can run the app and the connection is by cable.
I'm not an expert on USB, but I think connecting a Surface 3 to the Phantom RC won''t work because both need to be the USB host device. Phones and tablets usually act as peripheral devices, but I don't know if the Surface can do that. Maybe one of the special USB cables used to transfer files from one PC to another would work, but otherwise I think you won't find any cables with the right connector on each end.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic