Use FPV for video preview?

Reaction score
I'm sure the grade and quality of the goggles would have a lot to do with this, But, in general, if you are using FPV goggles while trying to get really good video/photos, is it a good enough view to see if you have the right filters, etc set up?

I'm sure the grade and quality of the goggles would have a lot to do with this, But, in general, if you are using FPV goggles while trying to get really good video/photos, is it a good enough view to see if you have the right filters, etc set up?
In my experience no. I completed a whole job with a bunch of video and photos to find out that the photos were slightly out of focus, they looked fine on the screen. It wasn't until I downloaded the full res photos to my tablet that it became evident something was up. Come to find out I had my exposure setting up causing the shutter to have to stay open longer to compensate giving the blur, with my ND8 filter on too making the problem worse.

Reactions: Gary M
In my experience no. I completed a whole job with a bunch of video and photos to find out that the photos were slightly out of focus, they looked fine on the screen. It wasn't until I downloaded the full res photos to my tablet that it became evident something was up. Come to find out I had my exposure setting up causing the shutter to have to stay open longer to compensate giving the blur, with my ND8 filter on too making the problem worse.

Ouch...I guess yoou had your work cut out for you having to re=shoot that.

Ouch...I guess yoou had your work cut out for you having to re=shoot that.
The videos still looked good. Adding some sharpening in post to the photos made them acceptable. I have however learned my lesson, download full res samples of the photos and videos to the tablet before doing the entire shoot.

Reactions: Gary M

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj