Use B4uFLY or Hover?

D

DroneKate

B4UFLY and Hover show very different maps of where you can and cannot fly. Is there one that is more accurate? B4UFLY shows a much more restricted map, especially along the coast in California due to an enormous amount of helicopter icons. Hover doesn't show nearly as many, and looks more manageable. I don't want to get in trouble for flying in an area that Hover tells me I can fly in, but that actually is a no fly zone. But B4UFLY nearly restricts all areas by me to fly in...

Which one is more accurate and which one do you use?

I use uav forecast b4ufly is a joke

Many of us believe circles around the helipads are open to interpretation and this seems to be reasonable since apps such as airmap.io and hover don't show a restriction.

But still, it's important to know about them - such as where are they located, are they manned, are they busy, etc., so that we can make a wise decision regarding flying within a given range of one.

See AC 91-57A

As far at the topic, I don't like either of them. There was a pilot a month or two ago who posted a thread who was using hover and it showed all clear so he flew over a stadium on a week day and the craft landed itself IIRC. Turns out he flew into a no fly zone and didn't know it because Hover never gave him a clue.

I like airmap.io

B4UDIE is a joke. Is NYC we have heli pad every miles. Literally I can't anywhere. I used UAV

Reactions: flpholt
Many of us believe circles around the helipads are open to interpretation and this seems to be reasonable since apps such as airmap.io and hover don't show a restriction.

But still, it's important to know about them - such as where are they located, are they manned, are they busy, etc., so that we can make a wise decision regarding flying within a given range of one.

See AC 91-57A

As far at the topic, I don't like either of them. There was a pilot a month or two ago who posted a thread who was using hover and it showed all clear so he flew over a stadium on a week day and the craft landed itself IIRC. Turns out he flew into a no fly zone and didn't know it because Hover never gave him a clue.

I like airmap.io

Thanks. I'll check airmap out! Are there laws concerning the helipads? If b4ufly shows them, wouldn't that mean it's illegal to fly there?

This is kind of a grey area. I suggest you read AC 91-57A attached below.

Read it, digest it, and then maybe read some of the threads on this site that discuss heliports.

Attachments

• AC_91-57A_Ch_1.pdf
    176.4 KB · Views: 215
2f285834db8dd684afc63e4fb4a0ee71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's not quite correct. You should read Part 101.

Also, I suggest you use another app. I like airmap.io.

Just downloaded the b4ufly app and according to this I can't fly anywhere in Charlotte, NC

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Doesn't say anything of the sort. It shows you a five mile radius around every known air port or landing pad, some of which you may be required to notify.

Using a map that doesn't show something doesn't change the fact that it exists. Just sayin'

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31