USB Output Connection Cable Issue

Reaction score
I finally got the H3-3D installed on my P2 (non-vision) version 2 (with the new transmitter, motors, etc). The Assistant software is finally recognizing the gimbal ONLY if the USB Output Connection Cable is disconnected (cable to to the GoPro).

The second I connect the USB Output Connection Cable to the GoPro camera, it all goes limp and the H3-3D is no longer displayed in the assistant (see screen shots).

Any thoughts?

Another thing I noticed is that the camera only tilts up and down a few degrees. Can't get it to point all down or straight forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• OutputCableNOTConnected.PNG
    OutputCableNOTConnected.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 584
  • OutputCableConnected.PNG
    OutputCableConnected.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 610
gmann001 said:
I finally got the H3-3D installed on my P2 (non-vision) version 2 (with the new transmitter, motors, etc). The Assistant software is finally recognizing the gimbal ONLY if the USB Output Connection Cable is disconnected (cable to to the GoPro).

The second I connect the USB Output Connection Cable to the GoPro camera, it all goes limp and the H3-3D is no longer displayed in the assistant (see screen shots).

Any thoughts?

Another thing I noticed is that the camera only tilts up and down a few degrees. Can't get it to point all down or straight forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What Gopro version? Maybe remove the battery in the gopro and test again.
Is the ribbon intact? Any damage to cause the short? Replace it with the spare h33d ribbon supplied.
Maybe just remove the side usb part and plug back in. It may of not slid back in correctly and remember to lift the clip when you install the ribbon.

For the tilt fix,
Make sure you have calibrated in BOTH RC1.2 and Phantom Assist 3.6. In both calibrations, move the X1 tilt wheel.
goto phantom assist > basic > RC > enanble upgrade mode.
Then in advanced > Gimbal, nominate a gain and set the horizontal and vert to 0.

What Gopro version?
- Hero 3 Black. I removed the battery and getting the same result. I have connected, and reconnected many times to no avail.

As for the tilt fix, I have calibrated and adjusted the settings. Its getting better.

New problem though. Now the Gimbal makes a loud squealing sound. Especially when I tilt it. The gimbal is getting REAL hot too.

Just realized that the buzzing was because there was no battery in the GoPro. The gimbal was just out of balance. Once the battery was back in, the gimbal leveled out and the buzzing stopped.

Still have the issue of once I connect the gimbal to the GoPro, then it goes limp.

I looked at the ribbon cable that connects to the GoPro and I just can't see any issues with it. I am not sure where I placed the spare, so I will order a new one. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Can anyone post a close-up pic of the correct way the cable is installed? I want to make sure mine was installed properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20