usb drives

Reaction score
So I bought some small 8-GB usb dr. I thought they would be good to use if I make a video for a customer. ( Just got 107 ) Just wondering what others do when they make a video for someone.
I use a mac and noticed when I made some videos for friends sometimes they would not work. Especially if they have a PC

Reactions: alisomilon
So I bought some small 8-GB usb dr. I thought they would be good to use if I make a video for a customer. ( Just got 107 ) Just wondering what others do when they make a video for someone.
I use a mac and noticed when I made some videos for friends sometimes they would not work. Especially if they have a PC
I used to use this Sandisk 16gb
15872413746379002093214959264440.jpg
15872412382108330568484377018814.jpg

Well I still use it but dont save many videos, I delete after watching them ;)
Sorry for late reply,I been ripping up parks today with rc cars

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
There are a variety of issues in this. The 2 biggest are what format is used to format the usb drive (Windows only reads some formats Fat, and exfat are good choices). Mac reads and writes those plus the Mac format which Windows won’t read.

Once that issue gets resolved, the codec used to encode the video matters as well. H264 is the best, most universally read codec, and is one of the choices DJI offers direct from the drone. H265 is also available, but is much less widely available across older computers.

For drone footage unprocessed, you will need a usb stick correctly formatted, that will read and write at least 100 Mb per second.

If you're editing with iMovie, the completed and saved video will most likely be in the .mov container. If the source video was .h264 of some type then the .mov will be in that format also, but with the Apple .mov wrapper, which silly Windows media player will not play.

Open the video in the Quicktime Player. If you have Quicktime Player 7 then File>Export>AVI or MPEG-4.
If you have Quicktime Player 10 then File>Export>iPhone,iPad etc. Windows should now be able to play it.

There are some excellent Video converter softwares out there, I like iSkySoft Video Converter.

Good luck,
Capitan Bill
(Video Producer)

Formatting, called Erase on MAC disk utility. Most newer windows versions will read either .mov or .mp4. But disk formatting is important.

What format do you save the videos in? If you save them as MP4s they should be compatible with both PC and Mac. I belong to a photography club and USB thumb drives are always being played on both PC and Mac without any trouble. The other possibility is if you got a "good deal" on these drives, well, it may not have been such a good deal after all.

Good point phantomwolf. One thing I don't know drop box I am going to look in to that.And I don't know what code H264 is
I guess I have some work to do.

Good point phantomwolf. One thing I don't know drop box I am going to look in to that.And I don't know what code H264 is
I guess I have some work to do.
I edit in Premier pro. I export to H264 and select the preset for YouTube. That gives me a nice MP4 file that works on both PC and Mac.

Premiere Pro offers an Export Option to .mp4 format. And that is universal for Macs and PCs and used by YouTube, Facebook etc. BTW, when you buy a USB Flash Drive, it should be formatted to PC EXFAT, if not then you can select it in your Mac "Disk Utility" and choose the "Erase and format EXFAT" that should do it for your potential large files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1