usb cord

Reaction score
I have a gray colored cord about 6 inches long that I am sure came with my Phantom 1.1.1. One end has normal size usb connector and other has a micro usb if that's what it is. It looks like it could plug into a cell phone. I have the long black usb that connects quad to computer. Anyone have this and tell me what it's for.

I'd guess it's for connecting your transmitter to the RC assistant. But I'd also guess that the micro USB port on your TX is only assessable by taking the back off.

Monte55 said:
I see no place on transmitter to plug in a cord. With it being so short, it would be difficult to do anyway

Exactly. The port is inside the TX. Not worth worrying about- unless you want to change the sticks from mode 2 to mode 1.

So it is part of the Phantom package. I don't see an item list of what comes in package. I wonder what DJI thinks what we will do with this stuff if there's no instructions.

Ahh- now your asking how DJI thinks. There I cannot help ;)

Re the length- it is just an adaptor lead to connect to your normal length black lead.

Ok. I was wondering if it was an adapter but I had no idea where the short cord would plug in. So, it's only to change modes?

It's the extension cable that was in your P1 from the factory, to reach from the LED board in the back to the battery door in the front. Like you I replaced it a long time ago.

If you can connect to the Phantom via USB without it, there's no need to keep it. It has nothing to do with changing modes.

Reactions: Midwestquads
Ok, now I'm confused. I haven't replaced anything. I just found it today trying to straighen out my rc crap and there it was in the Phantom case. Another gent said it plugs to something inside the tx to change modes. You say it's plugs into something on the Phantom itself inside...and not for mode change.

The P1's (at least up through the 1.2) had that little grey cable connected to the LED board and then fed across the mainboard to the battery door, which let you connect with a full-sized USB plug. Not sure why yours wasn't already in there, did you get the Phantom new?

You can connect to your controller via the internal USB port to change modes, but the little grey cord you have was originally for use inside the Phantom itself. Here's an example pic, you can see it on top of the NAZA:

7.jpg

No, there is a grey cord in the battery compartment of the phantom, THEN, there is also a grey cord that comes loose in the box that is used to connect the transmitter (controller) to your computer. In order to do this, you need to carefully remove the back cover of the transmitter. In most cases you won't ever need it.

Fordzuki said:
No, there is a grey cord in the battery compartment of the phantom, THEN, there is also a grey cord that comes loose in the box that is used to connect the transmitter (controller) to your computer. In order to do this, you need to carefully remove the back cover of the transmitter. In most cases you won't ever need it.

Understood, I never had an extra one or knew they packaged one just for the controller...I'd always just used a single micro USB to connect to the port inside the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20